LowMansZ

Cool Angel Eye headlights 93-97 f-body

anyone know of any angel eye headlights for a 93-97 camaro, i see they have 4 inch round angel eye, will they fit? or are there some that are made for the car.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by LowMansZ
    anyone know of any angel eye headlights for a 93-97 camaro, i see they have 4 inch round angel eye, will they fit? or are there some that are made for the car.
    Only seen em for the newer ones. You replace the entire lens tho.

NBM
    2002 Z28

I don't see how it would work too well, since the 93-97 Camaro had rectangular light/lense assemblies that are a single unit (i.e. can't replace the bulb have to replace the entire lens). Plus, if you could get it to work, a rectangular Angel Eye just wouldn't look much like an eye, IMO.

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Don't know if this helps but this is a guide on how to replace the factory fog lamps with aftermarket ones of better quality. You might be able to use the guide for other lamps as well. Good luck. http://www.metalreviewcentre.com/foglight.htm

Mystic Teal
    1997 Camaro

somewhere there is a guide on how to replace your stock 93-97 camaro lights with 4" i think it is projector housings.. and convert to H4 bulbs.. would probably be as close as your gonna get to a walkthrough

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Damn, just realized that links not working..Fog/driving light upgrade complete! Write-up on installation inside:

Some of you guys may be familiar with the lighting upgrades in progress on my Firehawk. I have a HID-powered projector upgrade in the works right now, and yesterday I just completed the driving light upgrade. I'm very surprised that more people haven't done this upgrade yet... it's cheap, easy, and yields great results. Here's my write-up on the installation of Blazer's BlazerTech 2200 fog or 3200 driving lights on a Trans Am:

The BlazerTech upgrade is popular among Grand Prix owners. Pontiac uses the same fog light unit in those cars as found in the Trans Am and Formula. As many of you know, the stock fog units are a joke and serve a cosmetic purpose only. They're constructed of plastic and use a weak 37.5W bulb. Those who have upgraded to the 50W bulb usually discover that the plastic housing melts from the increased heat.

Blazer produces the fog lights in the F-body; their aftermarket brand offers a unit with similar dimensions to the stock units. The BlazerTech 2200 is a fog light with a glare shield, wide beam dispersion and strict beam cutoff. The lens has a coating which produces a yellow-tinted light. The BlazerTech 3200 is a driving light; it does not have a glare shield and features a blue-tinted lens for a "whiter" look. Both units are constructed of aluminum with a glass lens, use replaceable 55W H3 bulbs, and come with mounting hardware and a wiring kit with relay and switch. I purchased mine on eBay for roughly $40 + shipping. A local Wal-Mart also sells a similar-packaged light for $40.

This is what the BlazerTech 3300 driving light looks like in its packaging.

This is a picture of the 2200 fog light. Notice the glare shield and dichroic lens coating. The dimensions of both models are the same.

To install the lights, you first need to remove the three plastic anchor pins at the bottom of the front bumper cover. Push the flap back; it may help to hold it back with a block of wood or a heavy object.

Remove the two 10mm bolts which hold the fog light bracket to the front bumper reinforcement bar. After these bolts are removed, push the assembly forward to allow access to the light bulb. Remove the light bulb by twisting it out, then push the bulb and harness into the front bumper reinforcement bar to get it out of the way. Pull the light assembly back against the reinforcement bar, then push gently out on the front bumper cover to allow the fog light to seperate from the round opening in the bumper. Pull the fog light assembly down and out of the car.

With the fog light out, remove the adjusting screw and spring from the bracket, then remove the plastic hinge pins by firmly pushing on the inner button of the retaining pin. The inner pin will push out and allow you to remove the expanding pin from the bracket. This will seperate the plastic fog light from the bracket.

Assmeble the BlazerTech unit as shown. I used the supplied lock washers on the inside of the brackets, on the screw head end while tightening the nut. Tighten the brackets firmly, but allow the bracket to move with pressure. You won't have access to these nuts when the fog light is in the car, and you may have to adjust them later.

Remove this metal clip from the factory fog light bracket by inserting a small flathead screwdriver and prying up on the spring-loaded clip.

Bend the adjustment tab of the bracket down like this. I used a large crescent wrench, but a bench vise may work best.

Assemble the BlazerTech light bracket to the bent tab of the factory fog light bracket as shown. Notice that the BlazerTech adjusting bracket fits over the top of the bent tab. This will center the light in the bracket. I used a low-profile machine screw and nut with lockwasher to secure the two brackets together. If you bent the adjusting tab enough, the BlazerTech light will fit snugly in the factory bracket without excess play or rotation.

Cut the factory fog light bulb from the connector base and secure the BlazerTech wires to the connector using female spade connectors. I had to bend mine quite a bit to get them to fit snugly. Wrap these connectors in electrical tape afterward. Make sure you pay attention to polarity! I had them wrong in this picture. Looking at the connector base of the cut bulb, the positive side is on the left with the locking tab facing down. If you don't get the polarity right, the fog light will ground out on the bumper reinforcement bar once assembled, and it will blow the 20A tail lamp fuse found on the driver's side of the dash.

I cleaned up the wiring harness by using some of the split loom that came with the BlazerTech harness. Tape this up well and you shouldn't have to worry about corrosion or arcing later on.

Install the new fog lights/brackets into the car by pushing the assembly through the front fog light opening of the bumper. You'll want to connect the harness before bolting the bracket to the car, and make sure you push any excess wire into the opening in the reinforcement bar. Tighten the brackets in with those 10mm bolts you removed earlier and secure the bottom of the fascia with the three anchor pins you removed earlier.

Adjust the driving lights against a garage wall. Make sure they're in a safe position, not blinding oncoming drivers. Also be sure they're not too loose in the brackets. If everything went together smoothly, they should look like this in the front bumper:

The lights center pretty well with the openings in the front bumper cover and make for a great-looking upgrade.

Powered on, these things emit a bright white light and are much more powerful than the weak factory cosmetic units. I'll probably upgrade the bulbs in mine later. I am very pleased with the results and the minimal cost for the upgrade was very worthwhile!
    Sorry I couldn't post the pictures that this had with it but it at least describes the mod pretty well. I did mine and they turned out awesome. I used these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
    Good luck!!
    Last edited by Walking-Dead; 02-27-2006 at 03:01 PM.

Thread Information