Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Zaino polish tricks & tips

STEP ONE:
    Make sure vehicle is clean. Apply a thin coat of Zaino Bros.' Z-1 Polish Lok™ Pre-Cleaner and Gloss Conditioner in a circular motion, using a 100% cotton towel or applicator. No rubbing is necessary. Entire vehicle may be done at one time. Let haze, DO NOT REMOVE Polish Lok! If you are using ZFX follow the mixing instructions and go to Step Two, you do not need to use Z-1 if your using ZFX.

STEP TWO:
    Apply Zaino Bros.' Show Car Polish to a clean 100% cotton towel or applicator. We have found the best way of applying Show Car Polish is with our #314 Custom Polish applicator. Just slightly dampen the applicator with water or Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray. Apply Show Car Polish directly to applicator (Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5), and apply a very thin coat, you want to use the least amount of polish that you can. This technique will help increase flow and spreadability on the paint surface and yield more coats per bottle. Apply directly over hazed Polish Lok, let dry approximately 30 to 40 minutes or longer, drying time is much faster with the use of ZFX in your polish. Please use Show Car Polish on all wheels, metal, and chrome, painted trim and plastic lenses. Remove with a clean 100% (Made in USA) Large Bath size White cotton towel, turning towel frequently until all polish is removed. A large towel is necessary to completely remove polish. You will see a "wet-looking" crystal-clear, ultra deep gloss. Note: It is not necessary to use Z-1 Polish Lok™ every time you polish your vehicle. Z-1 Polish Lok™ is recommended the first time that you do your vehicle and thereafter, once a year for show cars and twice a year for everyday vehicles. If your using ZFX you can safely use it every time you polish, it will only add shine and durability to the Zaino polishes, but of course you can also use the polishes without ZFX.

TRICKS:
    Want people to envy the look of your vehicle. Want that Show Winning Edge and Custom Paint Look. Want the deepest, wettest, slickest, clearest, richest, and shiniest paint ever. Apply two more coats of Show Car Polish waiting at least 24 hours before applying the next coat. Show Car Polish will continue to get deeper and wetter with each succeeding coat, up to five coats. You can however, apply as many coats as you want of Show Car Polish. You will not believe the depth and optical clarity of the wet-looking gloss. Follow up with Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" Spray between every coat of Show Car Polish and see how Incredible your vehicle looks!

Want an even higher level of optical light refraction and reflectivity. Here's how. When applying Show Car Polish do the following; on all Top surfaces of vehicle, use a back and forth motion (from front bumper towards windshield). On all Side surfaces (doors, fenders, etc.) use a vertical motion, up and down. This technique will increase the way light attracts and reflects off of Show Car Polish. The bodylines and contours of your vehicle will seem to glow. This trick really works. Remember to use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray between every coat of Show Car Polish.

TIPS:
    Zaino Bros.' Z-5 is the first non-abrasive polish that will eliminate swirl marks, fine scratches and spidering, without hurting the integrity of the clear coat. It does this in stages, anywhere between 1 to 5 coats, depending on vehicle color. With each application of Z-5 polish, you will see the swirl marks and fine scratches gradually lessen, until the marks are no longer visible and your paint will look flawless. Z-5 can be used initially after Z-1 or at anytime thereafter. You should switch to Z-2 as soon as you are happy with the way the paint finish looks. Example, no more swirls, scratches etc. It's up to you. Z-2 has higher optical properties than Z-5. You can switch from Z-2 to Z-5 and then back to Z-2 as often as you want. All Show Car Polishes are 100% compatible. For the highest optical paint enhancement. You should always end up with Z-2 as the last coat of polish.
    Zaino Bros.' Z-6 Ultra Clean "Gloss Enhancer" Spray is the ultimate maintenance product. It will remove light dust and soil between washes and will make your paint slicker, wetter looking, deeper and reinforce the polish system and UV protection. Because of its unique optical enhancers, Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray will create a three-dimensional, ultra-high, light refracting paint finish. Its super anti-static properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by up to 60%. The more you use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray the slicker and more dust-free your paint will be. Remember a little Zaino polish goes a long way; keep your coats very thin for the best results.

NOTE: Z-6 is very concentrated. Use sparingly, very lightly mist a small 1' x 1' section at a time and immediately wipe with a 100% cotton towel, turning towel frequently, until completely slick and dry. Repeat until entire vehicle is done. Do not let Z-6 dry on car without wiping. If product drying occurs before wiping, reapply Z-6 to affected areas and repeat drying procedure. Less than one ounce will do an average size vehicle. Works great on rims, chrome, trim and plastic.

Zaino Bros.' Z-7 Show Car Wash will clean heavy soil from your car and deposit a reinforcing layer of polish and UV protection. It will not leave a film or haze like other car washes. It’s great for maintaining that Show Car look, all year round.

Zaino Bros.' Z-10 "Leather in a Bottle"tm will maintain new leather and give old leather, the look, supple feel and smell of brand new leather. It contains the highest quality, leather oil concentrate available. Nothing on the market beats this product! Works great on vinyl interiors and dashboards.

Zaino Bros.' Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish is great for restoring old glass to like new, using a low speed machine with a cotton bonnet.

Zaino Bros.' Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss is a non-oily, non-greasy, rubber protectant and finishing treatment. It leaves an incredibly durable, water repellent, perfect looking satin finish that’s only slightly glossy and dry to the touch. Use on all exterior rubber, tires, moldings, plastic trim, weather-stripping, under hood hoses and more. Just wet a sponge with Z-16 and apply to the surface to be treated and let dry. It will last through rain and multiple washings. Z-16 is not recommended for interior seats or vinyl tops.

Zaino Bros.' recommends using only Large Bath size, 100% Made in USA White Cotton towels with all of our products. Cotton T-shirts are too small for polish removal and not as absorbent or fluffy as towels and most contain polyester. We have found that certain towels; especially those manufactured abroad, although they say 100% cotton. They are not; they include a blend of polyester and nylon that will definitely scratch and leave swirl marks in your paint finish. The rule of thumb is to use high quality Brand Name large bath towels (Cannon/Fieldcrest) that say 100% cotton and made in the USA. Towels sold in bags in Auto Stores are not 100% cotton. Look carefully on the bag it will probably say made in Pakistan or Bangladesh or other foreign country. Do not use these towels. They will cause swirl marks and scratches on the paint surface. Always, remove the stitching around the towel prior to use. Bargain store polish applicators also contain polyester and nylon fibers and are not to be used. Also, when washing your towels, please do not use any type of fabric softeners. Always use White towels. Do not use Colored Towels they contain dyes. These towels can be purchased at stores like Bed Bath and Beyond, wash these towels in warm water with liquid laundry detergent, use a double rinse cycle and NO bleach. Dry towels in dryer and remove to hang dry while still damp, this will help reduce static build up in your towels, high heat drying can break down the towels nap.

For information regarding Zaino and it's products go here.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

great writeup should come in handy

NBM
    2000 WS6

Great write up to have for a stickey.....

Also I've seen they discontinued Z-1 Polish Lok™ Pre-Cleaner. So either ZFX or the new Z-AIO all in one is to be used before Z2 / Z5..........

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

True and I also believe they added similar agents from Z1 into Z2,Z3 and Z5. It's simply not necessary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Great write up to have for a stickey.....

Also I've seen they discontinued Z-1 Polish Lok™ Pre-Cleaner. So either ZFX or the new Z-AIO all in one is to be used before Z2 / Z5..........

black
    1998 ram air m6 ws6

what do you get the bugs off with first?

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by kwade View Post
    what do you get the bugs off with first?
    There's different tar and bug remover sprays that work well or just use a wash mit dipped in hot soapy water which might work better.......
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

so if i don't have any of this stuff what all should i buy? dont' have any carwashing soaps/supplies..

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I would suggest you get a bottle of Z-5 Pro, Z-2 Pro, Z-6/Z-8 and get the Zaino car wash (Z-7) as well. The Z-5 Pro, when used properly, will help to fill in light scratches/swirl marks in your finish. Top that with Z-2 Pro to help get a nice deep optical shine from your finish. And once those are on there, and you're happy with the result, give it a good once over with Z-6/Z-8. If you have leather, I also highly recommend their leather cleaner (Z-9) conditioner (Z-10) product.

Visit their website @ http://www.zainostore.com to read more and order if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    so if i don't have any of this stuff what all should i buy? dont' have any carwashing soaps/supplies..

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

ok thanks i'll check it out

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I would suggest you get a bottle of Z-5 Pro, Z-2 Pro, Z-6/Z-8 and get the Zaino car wash (Z-7) as well. The Z-5 Pro, when used properly, will help to fill in light scratches/swirl marks in your finish. Top that with Z-2 Pro to help get a nice deep optical shine from your finish. And once those are on there, and you're happy with the result, give it a good once over with Z-6/Z-8. If you have leather, I also highly recommend their leather cleaner (Z-9) conditioner (Z-10) product.

Visit their website @ http://www.zainostore.com to read more and order if you'd like.
    Do they have a kit where I can get all that stuff together? Or do I have to order it seperately.. couldn't find on the site you gave

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Click on Product Info and scroll down until you see ZKIT-1 and ZKIT-2. They are total protection bundles. But the products I listed (particularly the Z-5 Pro, Z-2 Pro and Z-7 car wash) will get you off to a good start.

Do they have a kit where I can get all that stuff together? Or do I have to order it seperately.. couldn't find on the site you gave

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

oh alright.. thx a lot and for washing / drying .. a cloth mitt and a wool mitt?

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

or something like that...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

This is all I use and I love it. I use it for washing, drying and for removing polish. Just be sure you wash it alone with liquid detergent only. And either tumble dry on delicate or let it air dry. Wash after every use is what I suggest.

http://www.dftowel.com/ordertowels.html

oh alright.. thx a lot and for washing / drying .. a cloth mitt and a wool mitt?

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

awesome thanks for all the help, when i order my stuff i'll let you know how it goes

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Ur welcome and please do!

NBM
    2000 WS6

awesome thanks for all the help, when i order my stuff i'll let you know how it goes
    Update ?????
    Want to know how you like it ?

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

ahh lol funny you ask.. i actually decided not to order it.. just got some meguiar's car soap from autozone.. 64oz for like $5 then i got a wash mitt and some microfiber towels and they do a really good job

NBM
    2000 WS6

ahh lol funny you ask.. i actually decided not to order it.. just got some meguiar's car soap from autozone.. 64oz for like $5 then i got a wash mitt and some microfiber towels and they do a really good job
    Gotta try Ziano sooner or later.........

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

threads dead i guess...but i think i'll finally spend the money on this in about a month for the spring cleaning and spring/summer season where i care alot about a clean car again...too damn cold right now... always used discount turtle wash etc. car wax and T.W. platinum wax...curious to see what Zaino can do--i've been jealous lately other finishes i've seen on cars.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information