red
    2000 WS6

Wheel cleaner/polish???

I have a set of Mickey Thompson wheels (Classic Lock II's) on my truck. They are less than a year old and I have developed a problem. About two weeks ago I had to drive to Denver from IL and about 600 miles of it was thru salt, sand, and whatever else they put down... Now I'm back home and my wheels are spotted/hazy and it is not coming off. I pulled them all off of my truck, washed them and tried to polish them with polish ball and some Eagle One polish. They would shine but the haze and spots are still there, almost like etched into the surface. Any ideas? I don't drive the truck everyday so if it is an involved process that is okay.
    00 T/A WS6 - "a few mods"

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Have you tried Mothers polish with the polish ball?
    I have actually gone thru a process to take some spots out of a set of polished aluminum for a friend's of mine 72 Blazer that were pretty hazed up and perhaps as bad as you're describing your problem, but it's definitely an involved process that will require some patient
    I've tried a combination of products including Adams Metal Polishes 1&2, Blue Magic Metal Polish, and some Never Dull
    I found the Adams kit good to start by hand first until a lot of stuff have been removed, or the Blue Magic, then hit hit with Mother's Powerball and its metal poish and work it patiently
    BTW, Mr. Luos has done the same work on some of his wheels using almost the same process. Hopefully he can chime in with some pointers...
    2007 Audi RS 4

red
    2000 WS6

Thanks for the info. I have one other dumb question. Do you put the polish on the wheel or the polish ball? The stuff I have is in a small tub. I rubbed some on the wheel and then hit it with the polish ball. Did not seem to work that well.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by jb'sWS6 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have one other dumb question. Do you put the polish on the wheel or the polish ball? The stuff I have is in a small tub. I rubbed some on the wheel and then hit it with the polish ball. Did not seem to work that well.
    The Mother's Polish for the powerball is in liquid form and you can dab it on the ball, and could also spread it on the wheel
    The Mothers Billet which is an awesome metal polish can also be used with the powerball with no problem. Jusy spread a little bit on the powerball and/or the surface of the wheel, and start at a low speed to avoid flings

glimmerglassdetailing.com

Topaz Blue, White
    2002 BMW M3, S10 Xtreme

Anytime I've used billet alum polish, I've put it directly onto the powerball, then spread slowly onto the area I'm working before speeding up the drill and working it in.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I have tried pretty much all the wheel polishes there are. The Mother's Billet polish works the best. The Blue Magic doesn't work IMO. The Mother's liquid polish works with the powerball, but still not as good as the Mother's Billet IMO. Noxon polish is good at removing spots, but does nothing for shine. Never Dull works great for removing blemishes as well.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Thread Information