white
    1999 trans am

Water spots in windshild

hi, does anyone know the best way to remove water spots from the windshield and other glasses.

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Talking Squeaky Clean Glass, Kicks Ass!

Professional Glass cleaner form Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts.

Stuff I got at Advance Auto Parts, called "Invisible Glass" made by "Stoner". No not a joke it's legit. The company is actually called Stoner! It's in an Aerosol Spray can, 19 OZ, costs about $3.50 to $4. Good strong, Dumb-ass proof Spray nozzle.

Another good one to try is "Professionals Favorite" "No More Streaks" Glass Cleaner. Basically the same damn thing as above just different Manufacturer. A little cheaper than the stuff above but, has a crappy nozzle. Dropped can & friggin' nozzle broke.

Remover water spots, bird crap, road residue, bugs, etc. . . Can be a tad more difficult to use than regular glass cleaners. Evaporates faster and requires a bit more elbow grease. Use in the shade!

But, the steep cab fwd sloped front windows on the The 4th gen F-Cars are a bitch to clean no mater what you use!
    Last edited by RainMan; 01-30-2006 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Typo edit.

white
    1999 trans am

Thank's for the tip will try this

I always use steel wool and window cleaner. Steel wool will not hurt glass windshields, or any other windows.
    But DO NOT use it on Any Mirrors! They are made of plastic and will scratch really bad.

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 1badzzz
    I always use steel wool and window cleaner. Steel wool will not hurt glass windshields, or any other windows.
    But DO NOT use it on Any Mirrors! They are made of plastic and will scratch really bad.
    RainX makes a special window cleaner that will remove water spots safely off your windshield in preparation for a new RainX coating (obviously it removes any old RainX coating off the windshield too). Use the cleaner by itself, you don't have to RainX the windshield afterwards. If you feel that you need to scrub the glass, use one of those plastic scrubbees that are made for Teflon coated cookware, they're less abrasive than steel wool. If you have or can get one, use a microfiber towel to dry off the glass to eliminate any spotting. I also use microfiber towels to polish my car. A clean microfiber towel won't scratch the car finish.
    Last edited by Fastcar; 02-06-2006 at 08:07 PM.

Thread Information