Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Tip for polished wheel owners

I had some small white spots on my CCW wheels that would not come off with Mother's Billet polish or Noxon metal polish. A friend suggested I give Eagle One "Never Dull" a try, and today I used it and it removed the white spots. I did finish it off with the Mother's Billet polish. IMO, I don't believe the Never Dull left as good of a shine as the Mother's Billet, but it is definitely worth using to remove rust, corrosion or any blemishes on a polished finish.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

That stuff is awesome. Used to use it in the Navy to shine firehose nozzles and stuff..

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    That stuff is awesome. Used to use it in the Navy to shine firehose nozzles and stuff..
    Used they same in the Marines. Its what gave me the idea for the polished CCW's. After Zoop Seal the wheels had a filmy look to them. I tried some mothers and they still had the film look to them. Already had never dull sitting on the shelf. IMO after never dull they looked better than new. It will be the only thing I use on the CCW's.

NBM
    2000 WS6

I think the wadding in Never dull is what is most abrasive. The polish they use is the icing on the cake....
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Used they same in the Marines. Its what gave me the idea for the polished CCW's. After Zoop Seal the wheels had a filmy look to them. I tried some mothers and they still had the film look to them. Already had never dull sitting on the shelf. IMO after never dull they looked better than new. It will be the only thing I use on the CCW's.
    Did you use the Zoop Seal polish first?
    It should have dried after application to a mirror and stayed that way for at least a year. NO polishing at all just a quick clean with some Windex. Thats the whole point in the Zoop Seal. I have had friends that opened and didn't use it all NOR did they follow the directions and store it in the fridge and thats what happened.
    If it was a new kit I would of contacted Zoop with detailed pics and got my $100 back or another whole kit for free!

Never Dull works good. Does anyone remember Xtreme...? We sold it @ Super Shops it was fluorescent pink and came in a black jar with a threaded lid.
    Anyways that by far was the best you could get. I found a company that bought them out recently @ a high end body shop supply.

http://www.innate.com/Supplies/Wizards/Wizards.htm
    If you remember how awesome the Xtreme was on you SuperLights than you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Mothers or Noxon come close to the Pink!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Did you use the Zoop Seal polish first?
    It should have dried after application to a mirror and stayed that way for at least a year. NO polishing at all just a quick clean with some Windex. Thats the whole point in the Zoop Seal. I have had friends that opened and didn't use it all NOR did they follow the directions and store it in the fridge and thats what happened.
    If it was a new kit I would of contacted Zoop with detailed pics and got my $100 back or another whole kit for free!

Never Dull works good. Does anyone remember Xtreme...? We sold it @ Super Shops it was fluorescent pink and came in a black jar with a threaded lid.
    Anyways that by far was the best you could get. I found a company that bought them out recently @ a high end body shop supply.
    Click for full size
    http://www.innate.com/Supplies/Wizards/Wizards.htm
    If you remember how awesome the Xtreme was on you SuperLights than you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Mothers or Noxon come close to the Pink!
    I used Zoop on my CCWs right when they came out of the box. The whole purpose of Zoop is to work its way into the pores and resist oxidation. Its not a substitute for polishing though. Noxon works well for removing stains but doesn't leave a good shine at all IMO. Mothers billet polish leaves the best shine on my wheels among Mothers, Noxon and Never dull.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I used Zoop on my CCWs right when they came out of the box. The whole purpose of Zoop is to work its way into the pores and resist oxidation. Its not a substitute for polishing though. Noxon works well for removing stains but doesn't leave a good shine at all IMO. Mothers billet polish leaves the best shine on my wheels among Mothers, Noxon and Never dull.
    Never Dull is pretty good. I use it also, and you're right, Mother's Bilet produce the best shine. I've used it in combination with the Powerball and it works great

Red
    94 Pont. Firebird Formula

just a question... and sorry for hijacking the thread with this...
    but for the powerball and polished alum. wheels, how fast of a drill do you need to actually get results from this?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I had some small white spots on my CCW wheels that would not come off with Mother's Billet polish or Noxon metal polish. A friend suggested I give Eagle One "Never Dull" a try, and today I used it and it removed the white spots. I did finish it off with the Mother's Billet polish. IMO, I don't believe the Never Dull left as good of a shine as the Mother's Billet, but it is definitely worth using to remove rust, corrosion or any blemishes on a polished finish.
    nice, i noticed it's kinda got a greasey residue and rendered my exhaust tips pretty lame after the use...guess I just gotta buff em after the never dull goes on

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by squeals99 View Post
    but for the powerball and polished alum. wheels, how fast of a drill do you need to actually get results from this?
    I have an 18V cordless one I use.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Actually, with a drill you have to use a speed that is comfortable for you to handle. You start slow until you get a hang of it, only increase the speed if you have a real stubborn area you want to work. So, just a steady speed will get you good results, that way everything comes out more uniform...

Red

alright sweet... i heard that the only way to go was with about a 2500-3000 rpm drill, and i didnt want to have to go rent one or try to find a friend that had one

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

alright sweet... i heard that the only way to go was with about a 2500-3000 rpm drill, and i didnt want to have to go rent one or try to find a friend that had one
    Well, the faster you go, the more the drill can get away from you. You want to go steady at a manageable speed, so you can guide the drill to where you want it to go, and not the other way around

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

I recommend a slower speed moving slowly from section to section. About an hour per wheel to give you an idea of how slow to move the drill around.

From experience, the faster you go with the powerball the shorter the amount of time it will hold up and you will be out buying more powerballs.

The Never Dull works ok, but not when the entire wheel is stained. I could never get it clean until I used the mothers powerball mini and mothers billet cleaner. That stuff is the shiznit. Now all I have to do is just wash em while washing the car and they look new again. Haven't polished in 6 months.

Red

alright ill probably just take my wheels off one by one and polish them this weekend... and i have about... oh i would guess somewhere between a fourth and a half of a can of mothers billet polish left... do i need to be really thorough with putting that on? or just rub it on a section and go for about 20 min. a spoke?... what im tryin to say is do i need to keep re-applying during the polishing like every so often or just go with it once its on there?

Black
    2005 GTO

If your going to use a drill I highly recomend a drill with a handle on the side.

Like this

It makes a huge differance and is way more managable. With the powerball or anything similiar it is very easy for the ball to catch and send the drill out of control causing the drill to hit your nice polished wheel leaving some nasty scrapes. Trust me I know first hand. With handle I can set the drill at full speed and go to town and keep it under control.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Red

alright sweet... weil im goin home this weekend and i'm gonna run by my cousin's cuz he went to school for painting cars and he has about every tool in the world... so im sure he will have somethin
    hopefully he will let me borrow his porter cable buffer too

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

If you're using the powerball mini, use the extenstion attachment that it comes with. You can hold on to it cause there is a plastic sleeve that rotates freely. Gives the best control, IMO.

Red

well i have a powerball... like the big one... but im almost set on going to auto zone and getting a mini because ive heard great things about them... and the big powerball will work well for the fronts of my wheels, but the inner lip part would prob. do a lot better with a mini...

red, silver
    97 and 01 vettes

Best product I've tried on polished is Maas Creme in the tube...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information