Thread: Spot free rinse

Blue
    2001 Trans AM

Spot free rinse

What do you guys do to rinse your car? I have always used the spot free rinse option at the local car wash but it seems to leave a film on the windows and paint. Do you use some type of chamois? What have you found works best?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

after ur done, take off the nozel to the hose and run a stream of water to "push" all the other crap off the paint

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    after ur done, take off the nozel to the hose and run a stream of water to "push" all the other crap off the paint
    I do the same and be sure the car's paint is cool and your not in the sun. Then I immedatly use the cali water blade on all the glass then use the absorber(kinda like a chamios but better) on the hood and spolier area then proceed to dry the rest of the car.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

I use the water blade to (real name is california water blade). It doesn't her paint and is fairly cheap at wal-mart.

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

I use a Black&Decker Leafhog 230mph electric leafblower. It gets ALL the water out of every nook and cranny. It's a bit noisy but fun ahhahha
    2002 Trans Am Collector Edition WS6 ASC# 619
    Coupe | Collector Yellow on Ebony Leather | A4 | TCS | #126 of 510 T-Top w/A4 made
    CETA 619 "The Falcon"

Collector Edition Owner Site: www.collectorfbody.com

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    I use the water blade to (real name is california water blade). It doesn't her paint and is fairly cheap at wal-mart.
    I definetly have to disagree with that statement. I used it before but started noticing alot of little scratches all over my car, I now only use it on the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by BANDITCAR View Post
    I use a Black&Decker Leafhog 230mph electric leafblower. It gets ALL the water out of every nook and cranny. It's a bit noisy but fun ahhahha
    What happens when you blow some dust and small particles of dirt that you cant see off the ground and onto your newly washed car?

Black

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I definetly have to disagree with that statement. I used it before but started noticing alot of little scratches all over my car, I now only use it on the glass.
    that sucks man. I haven't seen any of that on mine, but I think I'm going to look a little harder.

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    What happens when you blow some dust and small particles of dirt that you cant see off the ground and onto your newly washed car?

Well, mainly I don't blow the car from the ground up. I hold the blower over the car at a high angle.

Plus, you probably end up getting more particles in your chamios/cloth that you can run back and forth over your paint. If there is a particle getting thrown by the blower, it only gets one pass across your paint then its gone.

I'll stick with my blower method.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    that sucks man. I haven't seen any of that on mine, but I think I'm going to look a little harder.
    I did't notice them at first but started noticing more and more of them. The water blade works great but if your really think about it all its going to do is drag dirt/debris across the paint and cause scratches. Sure you just washed the car but theres still dirt there there will always be dirt on the car its impossible to get it all.

Black
    2005 GTO

Well, mainly I don't blow the car from the ground up. I hold the blower over the car at a high angle.

Plus, you probably end up getting more particles in your chamios/cloth that you can run back and forth over your paint. If there is a particle getting thrown by the blower, it only gets one pass across your paint then its gone.

I'll stick with my blower method.

I agree with this guy.

The first thing I do is move the car off the driveway then blow the drive way pull the car back on the driveway, wash it then start dyring. Start at the top and work your way down with the blower. I have yet to blow anything on my car that caused scratches.

black ws6

i go to the do i yourself carwash and when im done rinsing i drive home, and by the time i get home theres only a very few wet spots left to wipe off (usually a the rear).

Black

Quote Originally Posted by t.a.joe View Post
    i go to the do i yourself carwash and when im done rinsing i drive home, and by the time i get home theres only a very few wet spots left to wipe off (usually a the rear).

That works if there's a place to drive fast enough. The public places around here have 40 mph's around them and cops waiting. I have some artificial chamois that is better than a sponge. sometimes I use it instead of the water blade, but the ws6 has too many nooks to not get streaks. that and here the sun is always beating down so water cooks on.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

If you think about the leaf blower technique it makes sense. He is blowing off the driveway then washing his car on the clean surface. The driveway is wet which prevents dust etc. from flying around when he uses the blower. Sounds like the smart way to me.

Collector Yellow (54U)
    2002 Trans Am CE

Its fun too. Just be sure to wear ear plugs, those blowers are LOUD when you have em running right next to your head. hahah

Black

Its fun too. Just be sure to wear ear plugs, those blowers are LOUD when you have em running right next to your head. hahah
    that is a great idea...guess I gotta invest in a freaking leaf-blower now.

Black
    2005 GTO

Oh yeah and just ingnore all the weird looks you will get from your neighbors when your blowing your car off.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

All my neighbors already think I am fked in the head because I am constantly cleaning/waxing/messing with my car. Fk em they have no clue where its at!!! hahahahaha They dont understand. They just dont get it.

Thread Information