Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Professional car wash/detail

Isnt it strange how many people claim to be professionals when it comes to washing/detailing cars? I had to take my car to get it washed because of health issues and I watched the guy wash my car. First- he tries to use dirty water/soap from a previous wash. Ummm-no way! so I gave him some Pinnacle to use. Then I look over and he is washing the friggin wheels first!! sonofa! Then I notice he has a big ass ring on and he is leaning on my car with the ring while washing with his other hand! I may be kind of picky but that was it for me! I couldnt take anymore. If I had a new paint job I would have attacked. And this place wasnt some cheap $5-$10 dollar car wash place. It was $15 for a exterior wash-which would have been fair IMO if the guy knew what he was doing. O well- my sister is gonna have to wash it from now on LOL- I am sure she is gonna be happy about that.

pie
    free

That sucks. I've never let anyone except for Goose or Mr. Luos wash my car. I'd go crazy if it was someone who I didn't know.

Tell your sister it's a chance for her to make a few bucks. If you're going to pay someone to do it, it might as well be someone who you can boss around.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yeh she does a great job too but the thing is-she is an attourney and doesnt really need the money! hahahaha

pie
    free

Even better for you.

Your supposed to wash the wheels first. Prevents overspray and watermarks.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

You dont wash the wheels first if you are using one bucket of soapy water for the whole car like he did. Most of the dirt is on the wheels. pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Artic White
    98 Trans Am

is your sister hot?!??? i like lawyers! j/k. i'm just as picky as you are! my g/f shuts the door w/ her rings on touching the paint... i usually yell at her for that... that or when she fingers a freashly waxed car.... or when someone leans on it w/ jeans on that have the rivets on the pockets.... etc etc. don't worry, i feel your pain!

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    You dont wash the wheels first if you are using one bucket of soapy water for the whole car like he did. Most of the dirt is on the wheels. pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    That's why you use the two-bucket method even on the paint. I know what you mean, I have chenille mitt for the wheels, and a sheepskin for the paint

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I always use the 2 bucket method since learning about it here on ls1.com. If this guy was a "professional" he would use that method too. He was already acting like I was an ass for telling him I wanted fresh water in the bucket and new car wash soap(even though I gave him the soap) I also made him rinse off his mitt. I was happy I could get him to do that much. He tried to use water/ car wash soap that was already used to wash other cars with.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I always use the 2 bucket method since learning about it here on ls1.com. If this guy was a "professional" he would use that method too. He was already acting like I was an ass for telling him I wanted fresh water in the bucket and new car wash soap(even though I gave him the soap) I also made him rinse off his mitt. I was happy I could get him to do that much. He tried to use water/ car wash soap that was already used to wash other cars with.
    Yeah, I don't think that guy has any detailing training, or knowledge. One thing for sure, he seems to lack common sense
    Good for you for standing up for what it was right, and letting him know about it

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

agreed-common sense goes a long way. I wont be taking my car there again.

pie
    free

What's the two bucket system?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

The 2 bucket system is 1 bucket of water with carwash soap in it and 1 bucket of clean water. After washing a small section of your car with your mitt-take your mitt and dunk it in the clean bucket of water and wash it off really good before putting your mitt back into the bucket with the soapy water. This gets the grit/dirt off of the mitt before putting it in the soapy water bucket which ,in turn, results in less swirls/scratches and a cleaner car becuse the soapy water stays much cleaner. It really works.

pie
    free

Oh. I just normally spray the mitt off in between dunks into the bucket.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

That works too. Its really common sense.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Guess this is my OCD kicking in, but I use a different mitt for each section of the car. re-dunks! And then I wash each mitt afterwards.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ I hear ya brotha! No swirls for you!!

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

Isn't soap water like wine? It gets better with age. LOL I leave all metal addornments like rings and belts inside. and use the two bucket method and spray out the mitt from section to section.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by '96 Z28SS View Post
    Isn't soap water like wine? It gets better with age. LOL I leave all metal addornments like rings and belts inside. and use the two bucket method and spray out the mitt from section to section.
    I laughed when I read this!!

2000 Trans Am

2 bucket rule? someone fill me in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information