Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Powerball on wheels

I need to clean and polish my wheels , has anybody used the mothers power ball? I thought the powerball would be a quick easy way to get most of the road grime off and then I could get the hard spots by hand. Any suggestions on the best way to clean wheels that are pretty dirty.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

mothers powerball is bad quality and is basically for finishing and touching up between your polishing. if you really need to do some good "polishing", get on eastwoods website and find a good cotton goblet. deep polishing you need to use some jewelers rouge.

cotton goblet for basic polishing. . . id use it with just mothers metal polish:

for removin stains, grime and corrosion use a buff bob and jewelers rouge:

if your rims are just slightly dull the powerball will work "ok" but you can buy all these for about the price of a powerball

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Good info. The Powerball is not designed to remove grime. It's more to polish after the wheels have been cleaned as Gullet17 mentioned...

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

I Use It But End Up Doing 75% Of It By Hand Again.

Black
    Domestic Supra

Seems like this would possibly be the best kit....

From Eastwood's website:
    Aluminum Polishing Kit 13 pc set
    Your Aluminum Polishing Kit is designed for polishing any type of aluminum including Billet aluminum rims and accessories on cars or motorcycles. Designed for use with any standard or battery powered electric drill, your 13 pc. kit includes: 4oz. Bars of Black Emery, Brown Tripoli, and White Diamond polishing compounds; (1) Mounted Tapered buff; (1) Mounted mushroom buff wheel; (2) Mounted spiral sewn buff wheels; (1) Mounted loose cotton buff wheel; (5) assorted felt cones; Instructions and compound chart.
    $24.99

Quote Originally Posted by CptMidway View Post
    Seems like this would possibly be the best kit....

From Eastwood's website:
    Aluminum Polishing Kit 13 pc set
    Your Aluminum Polishing Kit is designed for polishing any type of aluminum including Billet aluminum rims and accessories on cars or motorcycles. Designed for use with any standard or battery powered electric drill, your 13 pc. kit includes: 4oz. Bars of Black Emery, Brown Tripoli, and White Diamond polishing compounds; (1) Mounted Tapered buff; (1) Mounted mushroom buff wheel; (2) Mounted spiral sewn buff wheels; (1) Mounted loose cotton buff wheel; (5) assorted felt cones; Instructions and compound chart.
    $24.99
    yeah, thats a very nice kit, definately an awesome buy bout to order it myself . . . notice the price, oh bout the same as a damn powerball!
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 04-09-2008 at 09:32 AM.

Black
    Domestic Supra

Yeah, I was thinking about picking one up too. I need to buff my Enkie Wins again.

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to pick up that Eastwoods kit

Blue
    04 Silverado

if what you are taking the powerball to is in good/clean condition it works very well i thought.used it on my stock wheels,they came out great,and the 3rd brake light w/plastx,looked like new.

just picked up the same aluminum polishing kit that eastwood carries at harbor freight tools for $19.99!! so if you guys have a harbor freight in your area, just get it there

Black
    Domestic Supra

Fuck yeah dude! Thanks for the info....I'll head down to Harbor Freight today.

Quote Originally Posted by CptMidway View Post
    Fuck yeah dude! Thanks for the info....I'll head down to Harbor Freight today.
    no prob man!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

good advice everyone, im still unsuccesfull at removing some milky spots from the car wash last year, after they soaked down my wheels with acid cleaner when they were good and hot, my mistake partly for trusting my baby to a bunch of border hopping idiots just looking for tips. so ill try this kit, the powerball works well as mentioned but doesnt do real deep cleaning that i require.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

What about cleaning chrome? I have mother's chrome cleaner.. and the ball..turtle wax...and some elbow grease haha but still have some hard spots and grime in the corners.. what works???
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

black
    95 trans am

where to get eastwoods kit for polishing

HI! Does anybody know where i can get the eastwoods polishing kit to do my engine bay billet or a website to get their product as I live in Canada?....thank you and 1 more month to go till I get her out on the road

Quote Originally Posted by stefos View Post
    HI! Does anybody know where i can get the eastwoods polishing kit to do my engine bay billet or a website to get their product as I live in Canada?....thank you and 1 more month to go till I get her out on the road
    eastwood.com or harbor freight (don't know if theres any of those in canada)

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    good advice everyone, im still unsuccesfull at removing some milky spots from the car wash last year, after they soaked down my wheels with acid cleaner when they were good and hot, my mistake partly for trusting my baby to a bunch of border hopping idiots just looking for tips. so ill try this kit, the powerball works well as mentioned but doesnt do real deep cleaning that i require.
    you need to use the small buffs with jewlers rouge from the eastwood kit. . . just did this last nite on one of my wheels (takes some time if you have to do much area). . . works wonders! then finish with just some mothers polish and those disc shape buffs in the kit. . . the one wheel i got to do is shinnin like chrome now

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. I think I'll pass with him this time around. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here https://www.ls1.com/forums/f51/powerball-results-wheels-83195/

My problem is solved thanks to all. I am going to share this thread https://www.ls1.com/forums/f51/powerball-gosloto-wheels-83195/ with my friends and brother who faced the same problem.

Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information