Thread: orbital buffer?

Blue
    04 Silverado

orbital buffer?

has anyone used a orbital on a black car?and if so what brand?what kind of polish?i have been using zaino by hand for 3yrs,i am thinking of trying a buffer.

Black
    1998 Formula WS.6

I would like to know which one to use basically what speed can I use that I won't be able to mess up my car?

I used my 10" craftsman random orbital buffer last year on my Black Firebird and used Zaino ZPC it worked real well. Of I knew how to use an orbital buffer but I do not kno wwhat I am doing so I don't want to mess up my black paint either.

Somebody here has to use an orbital buffer and know what speeed is safe for people who don't want to ruin their paint job. Zaino's APC is really good stuff even with the rndom orbital it did a very good job on my car.

thanks
    Eddie

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

yer talkin about the buffer that applies the wax if i'm not mistaken correct? it oscillates up and down and side to side while rotating.

i have used them on black cars with turtle wax, meguires, and mothers and have never had any issues before. the ones that i used never had any kind of speed control to them.

just make sure to use a clean applicator pad when you apply the wax and you shouldn't have any troubles.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Z28 Convertible

I hear the Porter Cables number 7424 I believe are great for people new to machine polishing. A lot of info on this avalible at www.autopia.org ( hope its ok to post that link) they have a lot of how to's.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You don't need to use a buffer to apply Zaino. I only use my buffer when needing to remove a few light scratches or swirl marks and use 3M product in that case.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I've been using the Porter-Cable orbital buffer with no problems on a black 2000 SS. It is considered to be the "standard" in DA Buffers. It has 6 speed settings and I usually have it set to 3,4 or 5 depending on whether I'm cutting/polishing, waxing or buffing.

A specific process or technique is too lengthy to post, but Rabbit gave some good advice. Go to Autotopia or any other good online car care site read up on how to effectively use the Porter-Cable. I just remembered that Adams Polishes www.adamspolishes.com is a good site to learn a process. I don't use their products but I like parts of the processes they share on their site.

Once you've seen the results of a good process using a clay bar, DA polisher, polish, wax/sealant, microfiber towel (very high quality) you realize just much your cars appearance was lacking.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I've been using the Porter-Cable orbital buffer with no problems on a black 2000 SS. It is considered to be the "standard" in DA Buffers. It has 6 speed settings and I usually have it set to 3,4 or 5 depending on whether I'm cutting/polishing, waxing or buffing.

A specific process or technique is too lengthy to post, but Rabbit gave some good advice. Go to Autotopia or any other good online car care site read up on how to effectively use the Porter-Cable. I just remembered that Adams Polishes www.adamspolishes.com is a good site to learn a process. I don't use their products but I like parts of the processes they share on their site.

Once you've seen the results of a good process using a clay bar, DA polisher, polish, wax/sealant, microfiber towel (very high quality) you realize just much your cars appearance was lacking.

Thread Information