Thread: new products

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

new products

let's use this thread to discuss new products out there that we've tried and either liked or disliked.

i picked up a new wax the other day that i'm excited to use. i used a similar product previously and loved it.

dupont makes a new teflon wax. it is very runny. you apply it with a damp microfiber towel being careful not to pour the entire bottle out when you tip it over as it is roughly the same consistency of water. the product i used was not dupont but it was a runny teflon wax. it creates a barrier that protects the paint from uv rays and the stuff that i used actually retained it's ability to bead water for close to 3 months without reapplication and a wash roughly weekly.

here's the dupont stuff...

http://www.dupont-carcare.com/produc...e=app&prod=Wax

like i say i'm excited to give it a shot.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

That's really good durability out of that product
    What else did you use to prep the surface with?

(I've got a few products that I like and some that I didn't care for. I'll post them up later today when I get a chance...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    That's really good durability out of that product
    What else did you use to prep the surface with?

(I've got a few products that I like and some that I didn't care for. I'll post them up later today when I get a chance...
    it was pretty much just a wash...car wash soap, wheel/tire cleaner, bug/tar eliminator with a scrub on the front end. like i say nothin real special there. after the wash and dry if i noticed any kind of overspray i'd use a spray wax as a lubricant and then use a clay bar on it. if i couldn't get it off with that well...went to a polishing compound with a high speed buffer. it rarely came to the buffer or the clay bar...just typically from wash straight to the wax.

LE Anniversary
    02 SS, 02 Firehawk

I got some turtle wax wet n black for my tires, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the results so switched to Zaino, however, I have black painted wheels, and the turtle stuff actually makes the wheels really shiny, and seems to protect the paint from the brake dust....it wipes right off the wheel without washing or using a wheel cleaner. So, I use it all the time on my wheels...perhaps not its intended use, but it works.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
    I got some turtle wax wet n black for my tires, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the results so switched to Zaino, however, I have black painted wheels, and the turtle stuff actually makes the wheels really shiny, and seems to protect the paint from the brake dust....it wipes right off the wheel without washing or using a wheel cleaner. So, I use it all the time on my wheels...perhaps not its intended use, but it works.
    That's the good thing about painted wheels, you can actually use whatever you use for your body paint on your wheels also. I don't use wheel cleaners on anything, even on other people's cars I don't. It's much easier and safer to use a cleaner wax for wheels, or body paint, than strong solvents. After you've clean-waxed, you can put a coat of sealant on. Zaino, since you already have, will work great, and protect your wheels

Black
    97 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    dupont makes a new teflon wax. it is very runny. you apply it with a damp microfiber towel being careful not to pour the entire bottle out when you tip it over as it is roughly the same consistency of water. the product i used was not dupont but it was a runny teflon wax.

teflon is as good as "snake oil" it has no bonding agents in it.

A good caranuba wax works well because of its thickness when applied. It will give you a great shine and will last about a month on average. The best protection you can get for your paint is a synthetic polymer sealant. It contains resins that actually form a chemical bond with the acrylics in your clearcoat. A good sealant should last 6 months in normal driving conditions. Another good thing about a sealant is that after 24 hours you can apply another layer or a layer of caranuba to prolong the life and enhance the depth, gloss, and shine of the paint.

This is the best one i have found, and i actually use all this guys products - http://www.perfectautofinish.com/

Thread Information