Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bright Purple Metallic

Meguries and Zaino

Does anyone know if I can use #2 and #3 without washing the car and appling Zaino. I am not sure if the two are compatable.

If you listen to the gods of ZAINO, they will tell you that you must sand blast your car to get everything else off of it then REPAINT it, then and only then can you apply the nectar of the gods ZAINO to your car.

I on the other hand suggest not paying so much for wax and continue using the meguiars. BUT if you must feel free to wash the car with a dish detergent like dawn and then you should be free and clear to apply zaino

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk1120
    If you listen to the gods of ZAINO, they will tell you that you must sand blast your car to get everything else off of it then REPAINT it, then and only then can you apply the nectar of the gods ZAINO to your car.

I on the other hand suggest not paying so much for wax and continue using the meguiars. BUT if you must feel free to wash the car with a dish detergent like dawn and then you should be free and clear to apply zaino
    It's hilarious. I saw a guy on another board asking if he could use another terry applicator other than the one Zaino sells. LMAO!
    Yet, there was this moron saying "nope" you have to use the Zaino applicators.
    Then Sal comes on another thread saying that people can only use his Z7 car wash to wash their cars when using his products, because "other" car wash will leave detergent residue, and his Z7 was the best, lubricates better, and was formulated specific to work with Zaino products.
    I found Zaino users to be very passionate about their products, overzealous, and love to exagerate the results. Oh, and don't dare to say anyting negative about Zaino, they will be on your ass like white on rice, they will email you, PM you, and then put you on their hate list.

They're Zaino shills everywhere. Trust me. That's why I hate Zaino so much.

GM Service Advisor

Black
    2002 Pontiac T/A Firehawk

Yes, it is true that some of us Zaino users do go overboard, I too think the one about the applicator other than the ones that Zaino sells is over the top. But, what Sal says about the car wash is fact. Why would you wash your car with a car wash of a different chemical make-up than the wax/polish that you are using? You certainly would not help your finish protectant, no matter what it is, fully do what it is claimed to do.

I have not always used Zaino but whatever I used, I always used the complete kit and the Zaino products give the best results of any products I've ever used. I am on my 7th black vehicle, while I have gotten compliments on the others, my 2 that I own now people constantly ask me what I put on them that makes them so shiney and how they stay shiney so long,(my Firehawk and my 454SS pickup). Or they ask me what year is it and sometimes...I thought they stopped making those? Bottom line is that I am glad that I started using Zaino.

You, Wicked LT1, might be a hater, but I'm not.

Bright Purple Metallic

Ok, I have tried other products and Zaino is a great one. It does what it states and lasts a very long time. HAWKNYU has a good point. The car wash is made to be compatible with Zaino products. Why would you not use it.

Also, Sal has never stated anywhere that you have to use his applicator. Only that the applicator is on high quality cotton and will not scratch your finish. Actually Sal has never stated alot of the crap that ppl hate about Zaino. Yes it is time consuming, yes it cost alot, yes it is a good idea to only use Zaino and not try applying other products over Zaino.

Most ppl that hate Zaino either can't afford to buy it or never tried it or can not follow directions.
    Only 34K miles and still counting (that's from Sept '97)

I can afford it, I have friends that use it, I can follow directions.

I still think it is not worth the money, my friends are crazy, and it takes to damn long to apply it in the correct order at the prime weather conditions in the correct strokes, etc, etc...

I think people that use zaino are so caught up in the hype that they fail to take the time to see the wool being pulled over their eyes. Paint is cured and then coated with a protective coating. Zaino claims to bond to the paint and make a protective forcefield of magic over your car that is impervious to all damage and by using zaino a car that was never washed or taken care of will shine like a new penny.

It's not the nectar of the gods and never will be.

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Well my 2 cents for what it is worth. I just got done putting some z1 and z2 on my sled. It is very very easy to do. Put z1 on, leave it on. Put z2 on, let it haze then wipe it off.

I only use z1 once a year, then I apply as many coats of z2 and z5 as I feel like doing during the driving season. I also use, I think it is z16, spray bottle, for touch ups.

I am not saying it is the best out there. But I have been using waxes for years, blue coral, turtle, mj's, christ you name it I most likely put it on a sled or two.

I guess you use what you like. I like easy, but damn good. I am happy with zanio. As far as price it may seem like a lot, but you use so little of the stuff. It spreads around like crazy and comes off like a breeze. I remember using waxes and if it sat too long you needed a powered buffer to take it off. I have put zainio on and waited a day or two before I wiped it off.

It is like everything else, what ever floats your boat...

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKNYU
    Yes, it is true that some of us Zaino users do go overboard, I too think the one about the applicator other than the ones that Zaino sells is over the top. But, what Sal says about the car wash is fact. Why would you wash your car with a car wash of a different chemical make-up than the wax/polish that you are using? You certainly would not help your finish protectant, no matter what it is, fully do what it is claimed to do.
    I have not always used Zaino but whatever I used, I always used the complete kit and the Zaino products give the best results of any products I've ever used. I am on my 7th black vehicle, while I have gotten compliments on the others, my 2 that I own now people constantly ask me what I put on them that makes them so shiney and how they stay shiney so long,(my Firehawk and my 454SS pickup). Or they ask me what year is it and sometimes...I thought they stopped making those? Bottom line is that I am glad that I started using Zaino.

You, Wicked LT1, might be a hater, but I'm not.
    I agree 100%.

Maguires products are nice as well. Just use what you like and forget what everyone else says. You have a choice.

Bright Purple Metallic

I still think it is not worth the money, my friends are crazy, and it takes to damn long to apply it in the correct order at the prime weather conditions in the correct strokes, etc, etc...

I think people that use zaino are so caught up in the hype that they fail to take the time to see the wool being pulled over their eyes. Paint is cured and then coated with a protective coating. Zaino claims to bond to the paint and make a protective forcefield of magic over your car that is impervious to all damage and by using zaino a car that was never washed or taken care of will shine like a new penny.

Actually you are incoorect on how paint is applied to the vehicle. I have started up several paint mod (the rooms where the robots apply the paint) and the base coat is sprayed onto the vehicle and then followed by the clear coat and then thrown into an oven to flash cure the paint.

I do not see why you have such a hard time with the facts that Zaino states. It is not hard to believe that a chemical can react to clear coat. Try this out, spill some brake fluid on your paint and let me know know what happens.

Zaino only claims to be the most durable wax/sealant on the market. This is fact and proven by a individual study.

If sound like one of your described crazies above, I am not. I use the product because I like the results. It is not for everyone but it does what it states. At least they are willing to stand behind there product and will provide excellent customer service. I have emailed Sal and Zaino several times with questions and received a response in less than 2 hours.

black
    1996 mark VIII

I guess I'm a Zaino nut.

I never actually see a diversity in opinions on the product, either. I run across people that reccommend something else, so I ask "have you used Zaino" and either the answer is 'no' or, 'I don't have a computer'.

On the other hand, people that have used it are stuck to it because it's a great product, and durable.

I don't think that anybody who isn't passionate about their paint finish has even used it, because you can't buy it at wal mart. And anybody that has used it that isn't passionate about their paint finish likely borrowed it from a friend and did not use it correctly.

It is true that your paint surface needs to be clean of all other wax before applying any other type of wax or your results will hurt. That's why they suggest using dawn dish soap. They also say you should not use it more than what, once a year? It's the best wax stripper next to a D/A.

When used correctly I am biased enough to say you will not find better. Especially for a black car.

red
    04 pontiac gto

what do you mean to dam long.i use the zfx with z5 and hell im done in under an hour and thats 2 or 3 coats and thats at 50-60degrees out.i priced the other waxes they are about the 10 dollar range compaired to 12 dollars for the z5 and 20 for zfx but the stuff last longer then any wax i have seen so it makes up for it in not having to apply every few weeks like the other waxes that break down faster.i happen to like zaino a bit more then anything out there but hey different people have different opions on things so feel free to use what you like.

Black
    2006 Z-51 Corvette

I was on this forum several years ago, and just came back. It's amusing that the Zaino fight lives on...haha... Passion is neat in our hobby, and Zaino is probably very pleased to see so much. I've never used it, always Maguires--their Xtreme, now, but I have no doubt it is a fine product. Is it the best? Not for me, because I am very happy with the results from Xtreme--and Gold Class before that, and Medallion before that. I've had many F-bodies, and 2 old (bought new) GTOs and always have been complimented on their finish. Anyway, glad to be back in the forum and difference of opinion is what makes a good one.

Mike

Black
    99 SS

i like to use meguires they have a very good product and if u take care of it then u have nothing to worry about. and i like the fact that i can run to a local parts store and pick it up and not buy it off the internet and have that down time wiating on it. i dont want to be stuck if i run out of it thats just my .02

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I used Meguires for years and then tried Zaino.....will never go back to Meguires!! Got a ton of it in my garage I'd give away if someone was in Florida......

Black
    1998 Firebird

i've used both and i like them both.. not a zaino nut but i do think the time is about the same and the look is about the same depending on how often and good you are at waxing etc... but the zaino does seem to last longer... but it is more expensive sometimes and harder to get then walking in and buying a product.

black
    2000 camaro ss+ 1987 GN

Quote Originally Posted by josh0013
    i've used both and i like them both.. not a zaino nut but i do think the time is about the same and the look is about the same depending on how often and good you are at waxing etc... but the zaino does seem to last longer... but it is more expensive sometimes and harder to get then walking in and buying a product.
    I wonder if you took say two black cars, prepped them the same and used zano on one and another good product on the other how many would know what car had what?

Black
    1998 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by rug
    I wonder if you took say two black cars, prepped them the same and used zano on one and another good product on the other how many would know what car had what?
    anyone would probably not notice, but those car guys (and girls) that pay close attention could tell a difference. Maybe someone can use both and do one side of the hood with one product and zaino on the other side... we could see the difference.

White
    06 Tundra

Haven't posted here in about five years, but I seen things are still the same. Any of you guys remember George Wax? He didn't like Zanio, either. Was really high on Meguiar's. He called me the Zanio Zombie. Turns out he works for Meguiar's. Go figure.

Eddie

Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

I never used Zaino, I wouldn't mind trying the quick detailer they have.
    I for one like Liquid Glass($19.00 a can). I would also put up my
    shine on My T/A against any car with Zaino, any day of the week and
    twice on Sunday..
    I'm that confident in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information