Black
    97 Formula

Meguiar's three step system?

I like Meguiar's products, and I've seen the three step system for a while, but never bought it. Has anyone used it before? How are the results? Did you use the gold class polish on top of it? Any pictures?

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

I've used Meguiar's for many years and you really can't do much better. Some may like others but Meguiar's is definitely a 'top of the line' product. I always finish the job off with the GOLD and then use the Meguiar's spray detailer for touching up before the next wax time. The important thing is to first get that finish 'perfect' before the GOLD application. You don't want to 'wax in' imperfections, spots, etc.. I have won awards at car shows (not the T/A) with another vehicle so it certainly impresses.

Black
    97 Formula

I know, but I've been wondering about their three step system.

black
    2002 WS6

I've used the three step system with ok results, I did by hand on my truck. Took a while but turned out pretty good, even on the hood that has minamul clear left. Used it once on my '64 full size Pontiac with resulst that I would consider to be pretty good. The car colour is an Aquamarine base clear. I would have got better results with a random orbital. The down side is that it can be time consuming but worth the effort.

Black
    98 Trans Am

I used it on my black T/A about a year ago. The results were spectacular! Used a power buffer with a foam pad. It looked deep and "wet" even before (after step 1 & 2)I applied the Gold Class. My friends were asking what I had done to it. My only "complaint"...if you can call it that, is that the Gold Class doesn't seem to bead/shed water as long as I'd like. All in all, in my opinion...it is well worth the effort!

I use their cleaner and polish, really takes the swirl marks out from drying the car after a few coats they're gone. To finish it off I use the Tech Wax Paste (used to use the gold glass, this is nicer lasts longer), cheaper and just as good if not better than Zaino IMO

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I was a veteren of this system. It is good for an over the counter car care system. If used well it will bring decent results.

There are other waxes out there, in all honesty, that will run circles around meguiars and most waxes that are commonly found in many auto parts stores. It will be to your advantage to get familiar with the three step process, and then at some point do some investigating and try out a few polishes (to clean up and get rid of swirling, and making the paint surface clean and shiny) and some excellent wax products that may not be available over the counter.

Happy waxing.

PS: Lose the gold class. The pure wax is what you really want on your paint. Do not put gold class on top of your wax. It will not layer into a slick surface, and you will compromise your wax finish by using the cleaner-wax (gold class) on top of the pure wax.
    Last edited by lbls1; 04-13-2006 at 07:19 PM.

Thread Information