Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Talking Got on the PC train...

I took the plunge last night and ordered a Porter Cabel kit from Tropi Care, they had a pretty good price on a bundled "kit" with extra pads, bonnets, and samples of their products. Another deciding factor was they are located in the next state over so I should get it pretty quick, hope to use her this weekend, cross your fingers.
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

Bright Red

UPDATE: looks like the PC is on back order until mid feb so I was offered the Ultimate Detailing Machine for the same price, well you can never have too much power so now I am on the UMD train, anyone else use one?

Goose ever used one?

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157 View Post
    UPDATE: looks like the PC is on back order until mid feb so I was offered the Ultimate Detailing Machine for the same price, well you can never have too much power so now I am on the UMD train, anyone else use one?

Goose ever used one?
    If they gave you the UDM in place of the PC, that's a good thing
    No, I haven't use the UDM but it seems to be somewhat more powerful version of the PC

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Now get the proper pads and some Menzerna SIP and Nano polish!

Bright Red

I got this kit with the UDM:
    The kit includes:
    Ultimate Detailing Machine Model 1000 Dual-Action Polisher
    Velcro Backing Plate Polishing Pad & Accessory Adapter for 6" Accessories
    Canvas Carrying Bag
    Wrench
    5-7/8” Lake Country Mfg. Flexible Backing Plate
    3-piece set of 6.50” x 1.25” Lake Country Mfg. foam pads (2 orange “light cutting” and 1 blue”final-finishing”)
    1 pair of 9” dual-sided white microfiber polishing bonnets
    2 ounce teaser sizes of our TC-3 Polish/Sealant xP, TC-5 Detail Spray and TC-6 Car Wash
    I think Steve @ Tropi hooked me up with the UDM Cost me $171 shipped.

But the only place around me with the nxt 2.0 is the left over kits at walmart, waiting for them to go half off. The other atuo parts places in my area with have 1.0 nxt for a long time, most stores have like at least 6 bottles.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

I'm actually waiting to get the Flex polisher machine. Should be back in stock in the US in February I believe. I'm really looking forward to this tool
    Last edited by Z06-Goose; 01-11-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    2007 Audi RS 4

glimmerglassdetailing.com

Topaz Blue, White
    2002 BMW M3, S10 Xtreme

I have both the udm and pc. I set the pc to 4" pad duty and use the udm for my 6.5" pads. Saves time on switching backing plates, etc. Anyway, great machine, I'm sure you'll love it! Any questions on it, lemme know

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    I'm actually waiting to get the Flex polisher machine. Should be back in stock in the US in February I believe. I'm really looking forward to this tool
    From what I read they are pretty awsome machines. Let us know how you like it.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    From what I read they are pretty awsome machines. Let us know how you like it.
    I definitely will. I almost got the UDM myself, but after they started to have issues with the switch, I kind of got discouraged. BTW, the issues with the switch has been worked out
    The Flex I think is going to be a great upgrade for me. I will still keep my PC though

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I definitely will. I almost got the UDM myself, but after they started to have issues with the switch, I kind of got discouraged. BTW, the issues with the switch has been worked out
    The Flex I think is going to be a great upgrade for me. I will still keep my PC though
    Yeah - it should save you a little time in your details. My PC is only used for a few cars and not very often so its all I need for now-although I would love to get a Flex too.

Bright Red

Yeah I read up on the UDM and the few issues it had, not too concerned has this will be for just our personal cars. I also read they will have a ver 2.0 coming out shortly too.
    Goose could have saved me the trouble of ordering one if he would just make house calls to my neck of the woods...lol
    I am sure we can find a reason for you to come down to the party/murder capaital of the country to do a few detail jobs.....
    Better yet, I should just move there. I bet I would never have 6ft of snow inside my house there either....(amount of flood water we had from katrina in our home-uh indoor pool)

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Goose is definately the detail master-no doubt! I have learned alot from him. Good guy too.

Bright Red

Well, its been a few weeks with my UDM and I used it for about 4 hours total on my d/d truck and it works fine, the only gripe I have about it is the vibration that the screw in handle gives off, my hand almost gets numb but other than that it works good, maybe a mechanics glove on that hand? However, {embarrassed face} I have a confession to make, I found my self intrigued so much with the FLEX that I went a head and bit the bullet, got a deal @ $260 shipped too Not sure if its in stock but I should know tomorrow. I likely found where you guys in CO buy your detail products too, I went to his site cause I heard it had some killer MF products and went to buy some but after I found out the site didnt take PAYPAL I had to abort as I was on my way out of the door. That PRIMA looks like good stuff too.
    BTW-I clayed my truck after wash, then used red moose glaze on an orange pad, followed by a coat of race glaze polish/sealant and planned to put a coat of either nattys (I have all three: reg, blue and red) to top it off. However, it started to rain so maybe this week a final coat of wax will hit my truck and after that its time for the hawk to get the goods....
    I made a good deal on a full can ($55) of Soverign Pinnacle paste too so maybe the hawk will get that as my LSP?

So now I'm on the UDM/FLEX combo train.....

PS-find myself spending way too much time on the autopia.org forum too.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Well, its been a few weeks with my UDM and I used it for about 4 hours total on my d/d truck and it works fine, the only gripe I have about it is the vibration that the screw in handle gives off, my hand almost gets numb but other than that it works good, maybe a mechanics glove on that hand? However, {embarrassed face} I have a confession to make, I found my self intrigued so much with the FLEX that I went a head and bit the bullet, got a deal @ $260 shipped too Not sure if its in stock but I should know tomorrow. I likely found where you guys in CO buy your detail products too, I went to his site cause I heard it had some killer MF products and went to buy some but after I found out the site didnt take PAYPAL I had to abort as I was on my way out of the door. That PRIMA looks like good stuff too.
    BTW-I clayed my truck after wash, then used red moose glaze on an orange pad, followed by a coat of race glaze polish/sealant and planned to put a coat of either nattys (I have all three: reg, blue and red) to top it off. However, it started to rain so maybe this week a final coat of wax will hit my truck and after that its time for the hawk to get the goods....
    I made a good deal on a full can ($55) of Soverign Pinnacle paste too so maybe the hawk will get that as my LSP?

So now I'm on the UDM/FLEX combo train.....

PS-find myself spending way too much time on the autopia.org forum too.
    Did you order your flex from properautocare.com?
    I hear they were giving 10% off, and free shipping, but I'm not sure if they have any in stock at the moment

Bright Red

Thumbs up

Did you order your flex from properautocare.com?
    I hear they were giving 10% off, and free shipping, but I'm not sure if they have any in stock at the moment

Yes Sir
    Yours come in? If so, lets talk about pads...

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Yes Sir
    Yours come in? If so, lets talk about pads...
    I'm going to be ordering this weekend
    As far as pads go, I think the backing plate for the Flex is 5.5" so for what I've read so far, the 5.5" pads should fit with no issues. I couldn't tell you for sure how the fitment is since I don't have the Flex yet, but I do have pads in5.5" and 6.5" sizes ready to try

TRIPLE BLACK
    2002 WS.6 Build #12425

Good choice there with the PC, I would never use anything else.

Bright Red

Talking

Heard a lot of talk from people saying you need a 6.5" pad on the flex so as not to hit the b/p?
    Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 03-30-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Heard a lot of talk from people saying you need a 6.5" pad on the flex so as not to hit the b/p?
    Good looking machine!
    If the BP on the Flex is 6" then the 6.5" pad is what you may have to use
    I initially thought the backing plate was 5.5"

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Porter Cable here. Used it on my truck a lil today. Wouldn't mind trying out the Flex tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information