Black
    2005 GTO

Question Best store bought wax asap

Well i'm a long time zanio user but long story short by brother swiped all my zanio from me so I don't have any at the moment. My gf went out of town for the day and I said I would detail her car. Her car is in pretty rough shape and was probably going to need at least 2 passes with zanio pc fusion with my porter cable. I'm headed to the store in a bit anyone have any suggestions for something I can get at the store? I definitely need something to remove light swirl and scratches in the clear coat.

Meg's Ultimate Compound will remove moderate swirls. You can get that over the counter (Pep Boys in CT). A really good consumer product when used with a PC.

I'd finish it with Meg's NXT. Has a good deal of "filler" in it so it will help mask any swirls you were not able to take out. Works almost like a glaze to help darken the paint a bit and conceal swirl marks. Durability isn't that great though...

Hope this post isn't to late!!

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Meg's Ultimate Compound will remove moderate swirls. You can get that over the counter (Pep Boys in CT). A really good consumer product when used with a PC.

I'd finish it with Meg's NXT. Has a good deal of "filler" in it so it will help mask any swirls you were not able to take out. Works almost like a glaze to help darken the paint a bit and conceal swirl marks. Durability isn't that great though...

Hope this post isn't to late!!
    I ended up with the meg ultimate compound, and meg gold glass. Car came out ok but I don't think the meg compound had enough cut for this car, it has some decent scratches and serious swirl marks. This stuff also does not shine anywhere near as good as zaino. This will at least give it some protection and cleaned it up for now. I will eventually give it a full zanio treatment.

NBM
    2000 WS6

If you don't think Meg's "but I don't think the meg compound had enough cut for this car" Meg's does.. Don't think Zaino will have anything more. It won't. They don't have anything that is any more aggessive. Good thing you moved on............ There's so much more out there.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    If you don't think Meg's "but I don't think the meg compound had enough cut for this car" Meg's does.. Don't think Zaino will have anything more. It won't. They don't have anything that is any more aggessive. Good thing you moved on............ There's so much more out there.
    I would say zanio pc fusion has more cut than meg compound. I have had great results with pc fusion on several cars with light swirls and scratches left the paint smooth as glass. About all the meg compound did was get rid of the oxidation on the surface, many of the swirls and scratches are still there. I have no doubt there is better stuff but I think pc fusion would have done the job on this car.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

What color pad you using on your pc? This makes a big difference as pads like Lake Country are gauged by color for the amount of cut a pad has.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    What color pad you using on your pc? This makes a big difference as pads like Lake Country are gauged by color for the amount of cut a pad has.
    Orange pad that came with the pc its the hardest pad.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Orange pad that came with the pc its the hardest pad.
    Ahh ok - just figured I would throw that out there. If you ever wanna try some Menz sip and Menz nano let me know I'll send you a sample. Lata man.

white
    2002 camaro ss

The megs uc is very good for light swirls and scratches. It comes out better if you follow it with megs ultimate polish and then gold class or ultimte wax. IMO that is best otc stuff out there

Black
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jerseymark View Post
    The megs uc is very good for light swirls and scratches. It comes out better if you follow it with megs ultimate polish and then gold class or ultimte wax. IMO that is best otc stuff out there
    Agreed...
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Thread Information