Thread: Applying Polish

Yellow
    2002 Trans AM CE

Applying Polish

I use Zaino or Duragloss on all my vehicles. I do have a question though. Technically how much polish do you put on the applicator? How many coats will a bottle of Zaino last for a TA sized car. I bet I don't put enough on. Any help will be a appreciated.

Yellow
    2002 Trans AM CE

Unhappy

What, nobody polishes their car?

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

A spot about the size of a dime. Thin coats. If you can see the coat when its dry,youre using enough.
    Bowtie good! Blue oval not so good! Bob in the PRK

maroon
    2001 Z28

when detailing a car, less is more. Never use to much polish or wax. Make sure your car itself is cooled off, and in a shaded area, garage is best. Wash the car 1st, dry the car. Use 100% cotton cloth terry towels to apply polish/wax. Use the same type of towel for removal. Do not let the polish/wax set up to long, a very light haze is all that is needed, a strong haze and you will have some polish swirls from letting it set up to long. Work on section at a time(1/2 the hood, then the other 1/2). Use an old toothbrush w/ soft bristles to remove any overage from trim and symbols. Paint cleaner, polish,wax, is the order detailing should be done. If you want the paint to really stand out, do 2-3 thin coats of polish, only if you have a non-abrassive polish. Check the bottle it will tell you if it has any abrassives in it. I have been doing car detailing for 14 years now, and have made alot of money on the side doing so. Any other questions, please ask.........

to answer your question, a drop the size of a dime, then use your finger to rub it into the applicator/towel and put another drop on top of that.

GEoMaNTiK
    I've got a 2 week old XR6 and just curious how often you guys recommend polishing your cars?

I'll be using Auto Glym Bodywork Shampoo Coniditionier for the wash, then the Super Resin Polish and then Extra Gloss Protection (which is the Wax).

Is a weekly wash with a 3 monthly Polish & Wax okay?? or will this slowly degrade the colour of my vehicle?

Cheers,
    Travis

maroon
    2001 Z28

over waxing/polishing is not good. I would wash it once a week, then apply a polish/wax combo every 2-3 months. Now, If you car is garage kept and not daily driven, then I would go w/ about every 4-5 months.......

RED
    2001 TRANS AM WS6 6SPD

question? is there any way to remove scratches in the paint or am i looking at repainting? thanx

Thread Information