2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

About decals and other things.

I want to buff out some scratches and then wax the ride. My question is is it okay to run the buffer over the decals? What effect will this make if i do that? Another question I had what can i use for my seats to keep them looking clean and glossy without having that oily feel after cleaning, same goes to the rest of the interior. I don't want to use armor all because I saw what that did to my other t/a. What is a good product to clean the engine bay and then shine up the lid and intake and all the other stuff? Finally what is a good product to keep my rims polished?

Lost of question I hope to get good answers. Thanks for all your input in advance.

-Daniel-

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Decals - From what I know, depends on 2 main things, are they cleared over? (if they are, then go for it) If they're not, what kind of material are they? Some materials will absorb the product and make the decals become swirly and might ruin them. If your not sure of what the decal is made out of, try it on a small, hard to see place. If you can't do that, I wouldn't touch them.

I'm assuming you mean leather conditioner/cleaner for your seats, I use Meguiers right now, but am thinking of switching to Zaino from all the good things I've heard about them. I use Meguiers on the plastic's as will, supreme shine or interior restore.

NO ARMOR ALL.

I'll let others chime in on the engine bay, as all I do is wipe it down with a microfiber cloth from time time. My hood rarely gets popped for showing off.

I use mothers on the rims. But that's another one I might be switching soon, to whatever y2kpewter uses IIRC.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

[QUOTE=Ws6islife;2688849]I want to buff out some scratches and then wax the ride. My question is is it okay to run the buffer over the decals? What effect will this make if i do that? Another question I had what can i use for my seats to keep them looking clean and glossy without having that oily feel after cleaning, same goes to the rest of the interior. I don't want to use armor all because I saw what that did to my other t/a. What is a good product to clean the engine bay and then shine up the lid and intake and all the other stuff? Finally what is a good product to keep my rims polished?

+++ on the meguiars leather conditioner i used it for years with great results,for the rims i have the ws6 speedlines,im told theyre arent too much u can do with those because of the clear coat,but if you have chrome youre in luck i used Mothers chrome polish or Turtle Wax chrome polish,believe it or not that turtle wax chrome polish works excellent with a little elbow grease too LoL! BTW I get the turtle wax chrome polish from wal mart its like $2 & some change,at auto part stores its like $5 or more for the same size bottle,oh yeah how is your new bird coming along? i never saw it
    Last edited by fbodyNATION; 10-25-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Thread Information