SILVER
    2002 WS6 CONV

3M plastic sheeting for the nose

Has anyone tried this stuff. Its a thin clear plastic film that is placed on the front of the car to protect from rock chips. The pieces are cut to the parts of the vehicle. Anyone have this on their vehicle and are you pleased? Does it work? Any drawbacks????

Red
    2000 SS

I have the full kit offered by InvincaShield on my 2000 SS. It's worth every penny, and shows well. I had mine professionally installed, and while not cheap, I'm extremely happy with the results.

Downside: If you have paint that already has stone chips in it, get it fixed and start with a smooth surface.

Red
    2000 SS

Here's who you wanna get it from. They're super folks. They even custom made a set of ScotchCal circles to put over the bow tie emblems on the wheels for me.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/

02SlamAirTA
    I've seen it on a friends Vette and on another's Mini Cooper. Looks good although if you have a light colored car - make sure it's wiped down with a light colored (preferably lint free) cloth first or the lint will show through and make it look bad. Definitely saves the paint but rocks will still "chip" this stuff too.

I have the invinca-Shield, like the others, on my '04 4Runner. It has taken alot of abuse and still shows pretty decent. The kits are expensive, and this stuff can stain from bugs if you let splatters go unattended, but it is nice knowing the damage is on the sheild, not on the paint. Even after I tell people its on there, I have to point out the seams to them before they 'see' that I have it on there. I will be getting it on my SS when it comes time to repaint the nose.

Brian
    '02 Camaro SS Convertible: The Garage...
    September, 2007 COTM

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Yes it works!!! in Colo it's called Clear-Bra. Cool product i have it on flip up lights,+the side mirrors yes rocks hit there too awesome job if done by the right person. Practically invisible!!!

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by TommySS
    I have the full kit offered by InvincaShield on my 2000 SS. It's worth every penny, and shows well. I had mine professionally installed, and while not cheap, I'm extremely happy with the results.

Downside: If you have paint that already has stone chips in it, get it fixed and start with a smooth surface.

Arrrrgggghhhh! Wish I knew about this 2 years ago after my fresh total repaint job.........Thanks for the info!

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

can you wash and wax over this stuff? how much does it cost? can you do an entire hood? lol..anybody in GA that has this stuff or puts it on?

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Yes u can wash + wax over it in fact my installer encouraged waxing just as you would your paint. It'll keep it nice. Check out my ws6 in my profile. He even did those flames

white
    1999 trans am

Hi, new to site but was just wondering what is the best way to get water spots out of the windshield. any suggestions?

02SlamAirTA

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1WTA
    Hi, new to site but was just wondering what is the best way to get water spots out of the windshield. any suggestions?
    LOL,

I always use steel wool and window cleaner. Steel wool will not hurt glass windshields, or any other windows.
    But DO NOT use it on Any Mirrors! They are made of plastic and will scratch really bad.

Thread Information