2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

yes, yes it is another window motor thread...

i seen a last post and decided to go ahead an ask than hijack a thread..offcourse im having trouble with my passenger motor i dont know if its no good anymore or if its the "connections" i seen kits that repair the problem without replacing the motor is this true?? and to what extent does this work..now my window doesnt ever go all the way down i turn the car on and i push the down button and it goes down about half an inch...then i have to wait for ever to push is again for it to go down a little bit more...and also my drivers side window is very slow but does go down all the way in one shot its just slow..would the connections that help fix the slow windwo work on teh drivers side??

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

We have a sponser that sells the window kits you speak of. As far as I can tell they work well with little labor involved for the install. Do a search and you should find threads in detail on the subject. Or just hang out in the forums for a bit I'm sure someone will be along..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Cardinal Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    i seen a last post and decided to go ahead an ask than hijack a thread..offcourse im having trouble with my passenger motor i dont know if its no good anymore or if its the "connections" i seen kits that repair the problem without replacing the motor is this true?? and to what extent does this work..now my window doesnt ever go all the way down i turn the car on and i push the down button and it goes down about half an inch...then i have to wait for ever to push is again for it to go down a little bit more...and also my drivers side window is very slow but does go down all the way in one shot its just slow..would the connections that help fix the slow windwo work on teh drivers side??
    from my personal experience with my car (and im fairly new here) is that the start stop is the motor on the way out. I bought the Doorman version from Autozone for 63 bucks after tax less than a week ago and changed it out myself. This was for the passenger side window. My drivers side window is fine.

I also have the Autotrix passenger window fix kit that I had installed but pulled out once I fixed the motor. It will go back in I just have to find time to do it the right way.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

hmm understood well my drivers side window goes all the way down so im not goign to really worry for now i wouldnt want it to go out tho..i dunno maybe it isnt slow its just me i dnt need it fast anyways its not like i go around then drive away lol...but i mean should i take a video of it rolling up and someone tell me if its slow or not or if i should be concerned??

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    You can get it next time

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

hmm understood well my drivers side window goes all the way down so im not goign to really worry for now i wouldnt want it to go out tho..i dunno maybe it isnt slow its just me i dnt need it fast anyways its not like i go around then drive away lol...but i mean should i take a video of it rolling up and someone tell me if its slow or not or if i should be concerned??
    Post one up

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

will do tommorow its kinda cold lol and dark..

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

ok so autozone motors what is the different between the doorman and the cardon reman???

Cardinal Red
    1999 Trans Am

i really dont know, i know the doorman has the lifetime warranty on it...dont know about the other one

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

ok so autozone motors what is the different between the doorman and the cardon reman???
    Lifetime warranty motors from the chain stores are remanufactured. Unless you get the sponsors fix, they will take a crap on you in less than a year (depending on much you use your windows).

Best bet would be to find a non reman. and use the sponosors fix. Note: The non-reman motors are at least twice the price of those garbage lifetime warranty deals.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Lifetime warranty motors from the chain stores are remanufactured. Unless you get the sponsors fix, they will take a crap on you in less than a year (depending on much you use your windows).

Best bet would be to find a non reman. and use the sponosors fix. Note: The non-reman motors are at least twice the price of those garbage lifetime warranty deals.
    Agree! I also believe this to be true with most electric motors for our cars and any other GM. I also lump alt's in with this too. Over the years I'm sorry to say but I've never had ANY luck with remanned garbage.. My younger brother went through 4 alts in one day before finally getting one that actually worked properly. The problem is the internal parts are'nt all replaced in remand sh&t.

I was once a rebuilder for an automotive electrical Co. and their policy was, "we don't make money on motors/alts that have all new parts".. Remans can be full of old crap that has been "tested" for proper operation. Problem is some of these shops hire non-techs and hense you have people rebulding sh&t whom have no clue what they are looking @ on test equiptment. If one does'nt understand how a trio tests good, or a stater, a rotor, or diode's they have no busness rebuilding imho. Same goes for electric motors. If one can't use a simple growler to test an armature then they should get off the rebuild bench imho. Then to top it all off in the cases where internal parts need replaced they get replaced with ho-chi-min parts that sometimes are junk right off the shelve. Long story short, buy new or be prepared to do the job again in a short while.imho
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-19-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

thanks for the info, autrotrix will be hearing from me soon

Thread Information