OK so I'm about ready to swap out my "neverheardofit" brand Niche Audio sail subs for the Kicker CVT65's. Now I had for some reason been under the impression that the CVT was a 4ohm DVC sub but apparently its a 4ohm SVC sub. As an aside for the Camaro guys, and to set up my question, the firebird has DVC 6.5 subs that run at 4 ohms as opposed to the SVC 2 ohm units in the Maro. Now.....

Can I bridge the two channels that previously ran a 4 ohm DVC factory sub and power my SVC Kicker? Unless I understand this wrong then doing so would create a 2 ohm load on each of those two channels. Would the factory amp handle that? or would I most certainly pop it like popcorn? If running 2 ohms wouldn't be too hard on it would I just use the positive from one set and the negative from the other? FWIW I'm not 100% sure how these "niche audio" units are wired at the moment all i do know is that they too are SVC. on top of that I don't know the ohm load of those subs either, they came with the car......

So what do you think? bridge the monsoon for the CVT's? would prob bump pretty hard if the amp can handle it. Just want some informed opinions before I go and blow an amp.