Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

Window motor or some other issue?

I searched but i could not find a exact answer. Recently my car has developed a problem with the passenger side window. It will only roll up/down in couple inch increments if i allow for about 30 seconds in between each attempt. This sound like a motor issue or something else?

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

I've been having the same issue with my drivers side window. If i help pull it up with my hand it will go up fine, but if i stop, it will stop itself half way up. the car only has 34k on the odometer, so i didnt think that the window motor would be done already. i read on here somewhere that the windows are way under powered, theres a website posted on here somewhere that makes a kit for it. Would love if anyone else had any suggestions............have a baby on the way so I'm kind of on a tight budget.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yes it's a window motor. My drivers has been doing the slow roll for a couple years now, I guess I'm just lazy and won't fix it until it gets worse.

And DaddysZ28, congrats on the new addition!

White
    2001 Z28

Window motors for both situations. They're good for about 2 years at a time with normal use. I don't think it is so much that the motor is under powered as it is the glass is huge and heavy.

There used to be a sticky for this fix...
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...l+window+motor

Advance Auto Part sells window lift motors with a lifetime replacement warranty. I've taken advantage of that more than once.

Light Pewter Metalic

I have had to replace four (motors) of this type in three differant cars (all F bodies) Third gen and forth gen. Seems to be a GM issue. The first time you change the motor it's a little difficult because you have to blindly drill through the door inner panel to get to the rivits holding the motor to the regulator. Once you have that done the rest is a piece of cake. Motors are made to fit either side, and they are not that expensive (under thirty bucks)

This is one of the inconvieniences of owning a F body car....Good luck

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Autotrix (site sponser) has an excellent fix for a reasonable price..

Side note: The sooner you guys stop closing your heavy doors by grabbing the glass, the less problems you'll have with motors and regulators.. My Camaro is now 9 years old and still has the factory reg's and motors and yes they still work...just my .02
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

i dont use the windows to close the doors car was built in 99 so 11+ on stock motor/regulator

(plus its my passenger window i am RARLY opening that door)

Light Pewter Metalic

Dewman, I agree with you I don't use the window to close the door either, also it was the passinger side of mine also. I use just enough push to close the door and that's it.

I don't know why they crap out but, it's not that big of a deal to replace anyway.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Hi all,

I had problems with my power windows. The driver side window had stopped working, and the passenger side, would go down normally, but go up real slow. I replaced both window motors! The drivers side works perfect, and the passenger side is exactly the same! Goes down quick, normal, and goes up real slow and at times stops! Any ideas what else it can be?? since I changed the window motors, as well as the window switches.

Thank you!!

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6 (M6)

Autotrix did the job for me. Both windows were slow going up and after the install both are much better - better than when the car was brand new. I never have replaced the motors.

There are many people that have installed our kit on original window lift motors on their F-bodies and are still driving them with zero window problems.

My wife still drives a 96 T/A with 207K miles and the window motors are original and fully operational.

Got passenger window problems?
    http://www.autotrix.net
    **Window Express Down Modules now availible**
    http://www.autotrix.net/products.html

Black
    2000 Trans Am

So I bought the window kit for the passenger side window in August, I got it and installed it back then. Posting videos now, window works great!!

I'm finally posting the before & after videos!

View My Video

View My Video

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Great videos! Thanks for putting the effort to make them and post them.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

black

im having trouble with my driver side window only going down half way and then it stops working. and if you give it five to ten min it will roll up or down an inch or two and then stops again... is it for sure the window motor or is it something in the wiring?

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

98% its the motor. VERY VERY VERY rarely the express down module will die and cause this issue.

If you want to rule that out, it is easy to bypass it and see if the window works.

Go here: http://www.autotrix.net/install/

ON the left you will see Driver Side Express down. Click that then check out steps 19 and 20. That will help you jumper the plug once the module is removed.

Personally I would just replace the motor though.

Installing our kit on the passenger side will put both motors on their own circuit and help with premature failure.

Also make sure you grease the regulator real well when your in there.

Thread Information