Medium Blue Metallic
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Where is the monsoon amp located, might tear it out

So the monsoon system sounds terrible. I just installed my alpine cda-9815 into the stock plug to see if it would work piggybacked with the monsoon amp to save me the enormous PITA of rewiring all my speakers. But is still doesn't sound very good and it definetly can't handle my 60Wx4 without distortion. So I am going to rewire everything. I think I will leave the existing speaker wiring in case I ever take my system back out. But does the amp weigh enough to both removing it? Where is it located? If not worth the weight savings of removing it how should I cut power to it at least? I think I will install a 4ch alpine amp to run the fronts/sails and run the hatch speakers (replaced with 6x9 coax if they can be made to fit) off my 60x4?

Blue/Green Chameleon
    1999 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 99bluebird View Post
    So the monsoon system sounds terrible. I just installed my alpine cda-9815 into the stock plug to see if it would work piggybacked with the monsoon amp to save me the enormous PITA of rewiring all my speakers. But is still doesn't sound very good and it definetly can't handle my 60Wx4 without distortion. So I am going to rewire everything. I think I will leave the existing speaker wiring in case I ever take my system back out. But does the amp weigh enough to both removing it? Where is it located? If not worth the weight savings of removing it how should I cut power to it at least? I think I will install a 4ch alpine amp to run the fronts/sails and run the hatch speakers (replaced with 6x9 coax if they can be made to fit) off my 60x4?
    cant answer your other questions, not a huge audio guy, but the monsoon amp is located behind the the spare tire on the passenger side hatch. just take off that panel and tire, you should see it right there.

red
    94 Z28

To avoid installing new wires you could unplug the amp and jumper the input wires to the wires going out to the speakers. Just get a electrical diagram for the system and go to it.

Re'

Thread Information