Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

What kind of components are you using??!!

I was wondering what kind of components are people using in the doors? I found some great buys on some and am curious what everyone else is using? I have JL Audio VR600-CS 6in right now but am not impressed. I had Boston Acoustics Rally Series and they were ok but one started making a noise. Now I'm looking for a quality set of 6.5/6.75in. components. I have good tweets and crossovers from the Bostons. I was looking at CDT, MB Quart, JL Audio XR series, Image Dynamics, etc. Preciate your input!!

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

I just replaced my Boston Rally Series components with Alpine Type-R components. While the Bostons are great speakers the Alpine's mid-bass out performs them IMO.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I bit the bullet and everything else...hopefully this is a good deal...what do you think Rascal...I know you know your stuff!! I got these for $75.00 new shipped. CDT CL-6

They also have these which have the center dust cover similar to the Alpine Type-R and the Focals: CDT CL-6E
    Last edited by Walking-Dead; 05-10-2006 at 03:39 PM.

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

i have the mb-qaurts i am not impressed with them try alpine or infinity maybe ??

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I just bought the two CDT's listed above. I will install soon and let you know what they sound like!

Currently seeking 95 9C1

eD 6500s are nice also.

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Just put the CDT CL-6 mid bass in the sail panels. They are powered by a RF Power Series 600.5. My HU is a Panasonic CQ-C9701U w/5v pramp outputs. All I can say is DAMN!!! These sound incredible. I had my sub out off and the fader turned to the back so I could really listen to them. They hit very hard. I had to put some more sound deadener around my sail panels and grills because they were vibrating them. If you didn't need alot of low end bass...these are for you by themselves. No subwoofer would be required. The midrange vocals and guitars coming out of them is NOT distorted in anyway even at high volume. The bass is a hard thump. I tested with a CD-R using an IASCA (bass)test song, Madonna's-Die Another Day, Billy Idols-Shock to the System, and for the heck of it Nickelback-Next Contestant. I can't wait to get my CDT CL-6E for the doors. I will review those as well. Highly recommend!!

white
    2000 transam ram air WS6

what are cedt-cl6?????

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

CDT are audiophile speakers like Focals, Adire, Morel, Dynaudio, etc. The CL-6 is in the classic series line and sound incredible for a "cheaper" speaker from them. They have the Eurosport components that run in the $750.00-$850.00 range. If you go to www.fbodyaudio.com in the tech section...BLKouts guide to 4th gen system, CDT is mentioned. I decided to check into them. Great speakers! Heres a link to some of there stuff to give you an idea on specs: http://cdtaudio.com/midbass_drivers.htm . I just wanted something different then MB Quart, JL, Boston, Focal, etc. so I decided to give them a try and was NOT dissappointed!!

Black
    2002 Blown Firehawk

Got the Focal utopias in the doors and infinity Kappa perfects in the sail panels. Mucho mid bass punch and super clear high's. Two ID-MAX 12's round out the low's. Arc audio pushes the subs and alpine pushes the components.

Fig

Thread Information