white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

What Amp for my sub.

I need new amp i wanna stick with Alpine so my system is the same.

My sub is 12 inc alpine type x heres the specs:
    •Sensitivity: 84 dB
    •RMS Power Range : 500-1000 Watts
    •Peak Power Handling: 3000 Watts
    •Impedance: 4 Ohm
    •Low Frequency response: 24 Hz
    •High Frequency Response: 200 Hz
    •Diameter: 12 Inch
    •Number of Voice Coils: Dual

Features

•Type-X 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
    •Designed and Engineered in the USA
    •Hidden Screw Gasket
    •Gold Plated Insert Terminal Block with VC Connection Jumpers
    •One-Sided Terminal Layout
    •Massive Triple Stacked Strontium Magnets
    •FEA Optimized High Excursion Injected Santoprene Multi-Roll Surround
    •FEA Optimized Mirrored Progressive Nomex Spiders with Integrated Tinsel Leads
    •FEA Optimized CRC T-Drive Motor Structure with Copper Shorting Sleeve & Heat Transfer Technology
    •Multi-Stage Ventilation System (Dual Flare Pole, Spider Plateau & Frame Leg Venting, Cone/VC Junction Venting)
    •Integrated Spider Landing and Heat Transfer Plate
    •Dual Voice Coil Design, 4-Layer High Temp Wire with Inner/Outer Winding on Twin-Wall Brass Former
    •Custom Cast Aluminum Frame
    •Carbon Fiber/Aluminum Honeycomb Parabolic Cone
    •top-mount depth: 8-5/8"
    •sealed box volume: 0.65-1.25 cubic feet
    •ported box volume: 1.0-2.0 cubic feet

thanks for help

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I would get an amp that's close the 3000 watt range if you want the most out of it, (You'll be fine with a 1000 watt too) and make sure it has matching impedance. If you only have 1 sub, and your going to bridge the amp, make the the impedance is the same when bridged. Is your sub 4 ohm per voice coil? If it is, keep in mind you'll 8 ohm's of impedance then.

Crutchfield is always good help too.

red
    2000 Z28

Not enough info provided. What does the rest of your system look like. What kind of sound are you looking for. What kind of box are you putting it in? Sealed, ported? Box type will determine how much power you put behind it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by tremiles; 08-06-2012 at 06:32 PM.

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

My system lay out from front to back is as follows.Yellow top optima dry cell battery, 3000 watt 4 gauge amp wiring kit phoenix gold inline fuse block, Alpine CDE flip face head unit, Alpine type R 6.5 inc component system in front door panels, Alpine type S 6.5 inc coaxial speakers in back seat, Alpine MRP-M1000 mono block amp, 12 inc alpine type x sub, sealed box custom built to specs for the sub, dynomat in doors and hatch, crossflow fan for amp. Sub is 4 ohm per coil. I listen more rock than not so i like to hear that hardcore bass notes without drowning out the treble which i have no issues with i just need my base notes hit harder. Would like a 2000-3000 watt amp instead of the 1000 watt amp i have but wanna keep it all alpine.

red
    2000 Z28

Don't add a more powerful amp to the same sub. Add another Alp X 12" 4Ohm DVC sub. Wire the pair in parallel and the coils in series so the amp sees the same load.

You'll have more bass at all volumes, not just at max volume.

It will be more musical than a single with more power (it will sound better).

Most importantly it will be less expensive than a new amp and wiring/alt.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

white
    1998 Trans Am

for 3000 watts you really should be using 0 gauge wire. thats what i have in mine.. as for your amp selection.. i would look at the Auto tek mean machine series amp.. VERY nicely priced and do a damn good job. i have a mean machine 2500 watt mono amp pushing 2 kicker comp cvr 12s and i am more than happy with that.. also have a auto tek 950 watt 4 channel on 2 pairs of memphis audio 6 1/2s.. excellent sound.. i only paid $120 for my 2500 watt mean machine on ebay.. but of coarse i am big on buying whatever i can on ebay as its always about half the price of audio shops.. just bought a 2004 GMC sierra and replaced the rear speakers which are 4x6. just out of curiosity called the local shop and he tried to sell me a set of pioneers for $79. HA! went on ebay and bought some kicker 4x6s for $35 bucks. good enough of a sound.. besides they are back speaker.. now the front ones i will pay alittle more for

black
    1998 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by kmdef9 View Post
    i would get an amp that's close the 3000 watt range if you want the most out of it, (you'll be fine with a 1000 watt too) and make sure it has matching impedance. If you only have 1 sub, and your going to bridge the amp, make the the impedance is the same when bridged. Is your sub 4 ohm per voice coil? If it is, keep in mind you'll 8 ohm's of impedance then.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^is right on
    crutchfield is always good help too.
    this^^^

Thread Information