Thread: Volfenhag

Volfenhag

I was wondering if i was going to purchase two 10" "1000W each" subs what kind of amp would work best with these, and also is it worth looking into getting a crossover for it. Thanks

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

i just got a immortal 10" sub with a boss 1500w rms amp.. it slams. just be sure to get an amp rated at the correct RMS watts for the subs and 2 channels. wont need a crossover for the subs

so if each sub was spec'd at being 1000W then i should get a 2000W amp? "i dont know alot about the stereo systems" and should i use a 2 channel for 4? and the spec's show it as 500 Watts RMS Power.

two tone

yeah you want a 900-1000w rms amp like with mine mine's 3000watts peak but 1500watts rms. my speaker is rated the same so it can handle it no problem. as long as you're right at or under the RMS specs of your sub you're fine. just dont go over because it might melt something in the subs.

you can get a 4 channel amp but you want to bridge it if you use two speakers that way it gets max wattage to the subs. you really only need a 2 channel though. that just means each sub has a channel to plug into on the amp.

mine is a 1 channel and only has one positive and one negative connections to the sub, a 2 channel will have 4 terminals and a 4 channel will have eight. just (1pos./1neg.) per channel.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Dam what kind of sub are you getting that puts out 1000 watts? thats gonna blow your doors right off your car man
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    the volfenhag german concepts are some great subs for the pice, if they are hooked up right they will slam, i had 2 12's and they were great

Black
    02 SS #8850

Quote Originally Posted by SSNAKEATER23 View Post
    Dam what kind of sub are you getting that puts out 1000 watts? thats gonna blow your doors right off your car man
    Yeah really...seems a little excessive.

two tone

with me i like it being there if i want it... plus saying my 10" handles 1500w is kinda cool too... my bass on my HU stays at the last negative and the boost nob for the amp stays at the lowest point and it still slams even at a low volume i need a cutoff switch =X

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would run a Hifonics Series VII or VIII Zues which is 900 REAL watts at 4ohms. And I gurantee it will give them ALL they can handle. You can get one on EBAY used for $300-$425. They haven't been made since early 93 but it's a REAL AMP!! Not new Jap junk which MOST everything is now with surface mounted circuite boards!! MASS PRODUCED JUNK WITH 18db BASS BOOST AND 1500WATT RATTINGS THAT = ABOUT 500WATTS OF A REAL AMP IF THERE LUCKY.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information