Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Video for those wondering about sail panel replace

I recently got the EU 6.5's because of the sale going on. (Half price) These are def. worth it for the money, and since some people say they didn't notice much and others say they did notice much. I'm going to just show a video of the speakers. This is running through a stock monsoon system, only thing changed is the headunit and im very impressed with the bass for only $90.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo-6zVxztpw[/ame]

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Was it a pain to install? I've got a couple of Kickers that I have been putting off installing.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

i was told by another member you don't have to remove the sail panel inorder to get old peaker out and the new one in. That you can flex the plastic and get it in there.

P.S. Bass test music, sends me back

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Fitting was a pain, hooking up was easy. Most people use spacers, I just cut the support metal frame out in the back to make room..lol sawzaw ftmfw

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    Fitting was a pain, hooking up was easy. Most people use spacers, I just cut the support metal frame out in the back to make room..lol sawzaw ftmfw
    Yeah, that's what I hear. I've already got the stock subs out. They were buzzing so bad I had to take them out.

But, still dragging my feet on putting in those Kickers

At least I've got some quality speakers in the door. That'll do until I get my ass in gear and install those subs.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    i was told by another member you don't have to remove the sail panel inorder to get old peaker out and the new one in. That you can flex the plastic and get it in there.

P.S. Bass test music, sends me back
    Yep, just the grate. The stock subs slip right out. Replacing stock subs is just plug and play. It's some after market subs that give you grief. They don't just bolt up.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Yep, just the grate. The stock subs slip right out. Replacing stock subs is just plug and play. It's some after market subs that give you grief. They don't just bolt up.
    Oh I have no idea about others. But I heard the EU 6.5's you can, but you still need the spacer. I could have misread, sometimes all the different threads blend together, lol.

I would try it first, long before I would dive into the sail panel, OMG does that suck to get back on.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Oh I have no idea about others. But I heard the EU 6.5's you can, but you still need the spacer. I could have misread, sometimes all the different threads blend together, lol.

I would try it first, long before I would dive into the sail panel, OMG does that suck to get back on.
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of easy. Easy is always better

I just don't like having to drill or cut. I'll most likely end up paying SoundMan to do it

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Well.. Thats what's in the video. I know how hard they were and theyre not just bolt in ahah. Spacer OR cut out the back so you have room, I took a sawzaw to the back and made room.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Well.. Thats what's in the video. I know how hard they were and theyre not just bolt in ahah. Spacer OR cut out the back so you have room, I took a sawzaw to the back and made room.
    how deep were the speakers? i know some manufacturers make 'shallow' speakers for applications like this. infinity for example.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    how deep were the speakers? i know some manufacturers make 'shallow' speakers for applications like this. infinity for example.
    They're pretty deep, I had to "make room" to fit them...with a sawzaw

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You mean Sawzall ???

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I just put Bazooka 6.5" subs in the sails of mine.

Much better bass, not that it matters though. I can't really hear it over the exhaust.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

I recently got the EU 6.5's because of the sale going on. (Half price) These are def. worth it for the money, and since some people say they didn't notice much and others say they did notice much. I'm going to just show a video of the speakers. This is running through a stock monsoon system, only thing changed is the headunit and im very impressed with the bass for only $90.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Much better bass, not that it matters though. I can't really hear it over the exhaust.
    Link to best site to buy either of these. Mine are starting to crack

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    Link to best site to buy either of these. Mine are starting to crack
    Here you go.

Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

I ended up getting some Pyle Pro Mid Bass Woofers. They are single voice coil 8 Ohm. They fit great with no hacking. I am using a 50 Watt High Power JVC head Unit. The head unit powers the tweeters directly AND the new 8 Ohm Pyles. It also feeds into the Monsoon Amp just like the OEM wiring allows for. I decided to cut the wiring that comes from the amp to the sail panel speakers. I only needed to cut 4 wires. 2 for each side since the new speakers are single voice coil. I cut them with proper OEM polarity colors in mind. I then used the tweeter input wiring to the amp and spliced into those sail panel speaker wires that were now isolated from the Monsoon amp. Now the head unit is powering 4 tweeters and 2 6.5 mid bass speakers. The 4 and the 8 Ohm load are in parallel and this is now a safe impedance for the head unit. I tried to use the Monsoon amp to power these but they would barely even make a thump with the 8 Ohm load and one voice coil output from Monsoon amp. I paid $25 a piece for 2 speakers on Ebay. The system sounded great, plenty of low end. I was not done though. I purchased a 10in Bazooza Sub with built in 200 watt Amp. I ran Pre-Amp RCA's from JVC, 10 Gauge Power from Positive Aux under hood, amp turn on wire from the OEM power antenna wire, and grounded from behind the seat belt structure. To mount the sub straps was easy. REMINDER: "You CAN NOT drill into the floor directly behind the back seat". The gas tank is right underneath the sheet metal! DO NOT TRY IT! I have T-tops, so the well in the back was not a choice. I used the straps that come with the tube and attached to the rear seat. I know the sail panels are now Pyle and not some fancy high end name, but this method is more affordable than some of the other option. Lets face it, unless your using a 4 Ohm dual voice coil replacement, your wasting your time. The factory amp just does nothing for anything else. Pyle is still better than Delco.
    Last edited by neo74; 10-11-2009 at 03:27 PM.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

what are they exactly an were did you get them?

Black
    2000 Chevy Camaro RS

I'm so confused....do I get D4 or D2 for a Camaro Monsoon setup? Stock subs in the sails are 2 ohm, single voice coil (only one set of terminals). One post says D4 and wire in parallel someone else told me D2.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

were do i look to get this an dose it have the trim the holds the components in the front (tweeters)

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

this is what ive been looking at too. worth the money? and as ive read are pretty much plug and play, no cutting required?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information