2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Smile Two component systems in 1993 Camaro Z28

I have a pretty good deal with blaupunkt audio on their sound equipment and was wondering if anybody on here had put two component systems (one front, one back, both 6.5-inch) in their f-body, preferably 1993-96 cuz they changed up the interior in 1997. Any advice/ photos would be great! Thanx!

so nobody on here has put components in their f-bod?!?!? come on!

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Sure we have......just not that model....and not in both the front and the rear...

Advice? use one set up front....coaxials in back.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have a set in the front and a set in the back! What do you need to know!!??

Smile

I've never done components b4, only coaxial, but the difference between the two in price is little enough for me to want to shoot for components this time. If the level of difficulty of installing the components isn't much greater than coaxials, i'll go for it, but I cant afford to be paying somebody $50+ an hour to install something I cant! If you have any photos of your install, could u post them? Did you install them front and back yourself, or pay somebody else? And if you had somebody else, about how much did they charge? If you did it yourself, advice would be great!!! Thanx!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I did it all myself. I ran the wiring from the amps to all of the locations of the speakers. I installed the crossovers for the doors behind the door panel, basically where the large hole is in the door.
    The other crossovers are in the back under the speaker panels tucked back by the quarter panels.
    I have some pictures that I will try to put up in a few.

Basically I have 2 sets of MB Quart componets. The back set is a tweeter, mid, and sub, while the front is a tweeter and a sub. I have that hooked to an Alpine four channel amp. Then I have an Orion Beast Amp powering a Orion sub in the t-top area on the left side. I have all 4 gauge power wire All of the amps are hooked to a 1 farad cap. You can not see or feel one wire!!
    If I was smart, I would have switched the components around. Well, I eventually will. But, for now, the sound is incredible!!
    It is easy, just very time consuming! Take your time and do it once! Plan out everything before you do it! Give yourself a good 2 days to complete it in case you run into any problems.

If you got any questions on where to run each wire and how to conseal it or anything, just ask!

Thanks alot! So a novice should be able to do this in these cars just fine? I'll probably spring for the components then. I really appreciate the help, and any advice is welcomed. Hopefully I can pull it off ok.

Thread Information