Thread: System

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

System

I just purchased a 2002 Trans Am WS6, I already had a sound system I had planned on putting in a different car, but now I would like it in this car.

I am having troubles finding a way to put 2 12's in it without messing up the t-top holder, is this possible?

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what my options are for putting 2 12's in the car, or would it be smarted to move to a smaller sized sub?

Thanks for any input

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

There's no way without sacrificing the t-top holder. I like the Q-Custom box if your gonna end up sacrificing the space. If not, just get a box and go with one 10 or one 12 and put it where the spare tire is in that little nook or whatever. I did see one thing were a guy put two 10's in the factory location for the rear speakers (no the far rear in the trunk, the ones on the sides of the rear seat), but there was no way to have a box, and subs generally sound like shit without a box. A good box is more important than good speakers.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    There's no way without sacrificing the t-top holder. I like the Q-Custom box if your gonna end up sacrificing the space. If not, just get a box and go with one 10 or one 12 and put it where the spare tire is in that little nook or whatever. I did see one thing were a guy put two 10's in the factory location for the rear speakers (no the far rear in the trunk, the ones on the sides of the rear seat), but there was no way to have a box, and subs generally sound like shit without a box. A good box is more important than good speakers.
    You can go to subthump.com and get a t-top box made specifically for our cars. You can also get a stealth box from that site as well which does not affect your t-tops.

Midnight Blue
    2001 WS6 TRANS AM

You can do this. I put 2 12's in a 96 firebird. I used 2 JL w6 12's. They require very little space. I put them on top of the flat area, and filled the box with polyfill. I put a small crossover and distribution block under the panel on the side. Last I mounted the punch amp on the wall facing you. The only downside is the t-tops can rub the amp. So I just layed a small towel over the t-tops to protect them. I dont know too much about the current stereo's although.. hope thie helps

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

i have a 98 w/tops and when i got my subs i knew a box would be a hard thing to install and i didn't want anything tacky and the top rack had to stay. i got (2) 12 in comp cvr and a 1400 watt amp but what i did is put the speakers in a special hatchbox for f-bodies and mounted the amp on the underside of the box. it slips right into the space covering for t top rack. it fits like factory and you get a little peak at your subs right at the dip of the trunk window. bad thing is that when tops come off they either stay at home or they go in the back seat. but if you dont mount the amp on the underside of the box you could just pull the box out and put it on the top and still put your tops in. but you can fit (3) 12s or (2) 15s. check you local "hood" sounds shop for more ingenious ways to mount subs in camaros i live in los angeles, ca. so theres plenty.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

i agree with fbird777, subthump has a box that hold your 2 12's and allows you ttops to slide in.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

thanks for the help, im still trying to decide what ill do, maybe just sell what i have and go with a stealth enclosure, to me its worth the money for the added space and cleaner looks

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by big_jake View Post
    thanks for the help, im still trying to decide what ill do, maybe just sell what i have and go with a stealth enclosure, to me its worth the money for the added space and cleaner looks
    yeah. . . i have a stealth box with a jl w0 in my 98 bird and love it. . . plenty of base. i will be installing on in my 00 ta also.

Thread Information