Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subwoofer?

1968 Cutlass 350 auto red
    2000 z-28 6 spd. White

Subwoofer?

What do you think I should do? I have the monsoon system and the subs in the center went bad. I'm wondering if you think I should replace those or go with a seperate sub. I want that pounding bass that sounds like a kick drum, nice and clean not booming bass.
    Last edited by Ed Blown Vert; 11-14-2008 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Racist word

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

you uhhh MIGHT wanna re-word that last sentence..

But to answer your question, i would just replace them with nicer speakers. I put kickers in and they sound great. Much better than stock.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Please edit your post... and btw you can get custom fit enclosures that use the cd changer area, you can get speakers that fit the stock sail panel subs. See the sticky.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

broken record but must be said again... this isn't 1957...edit that use of b.s. ignorant word choice post!!!! I interpret what you're trying to say... I too listen to mostly rock and value sound quality over raw bass..and have 1000 w X 2 12's in my trunk; along with 100 w x 2 rms on ads components in the doors... at the volume i listen to my music, more than the 6.5 sail speaker is neccesary for bass. You may be different--plenty of folks happy with upgrading speaker in that location. You want clear; awesome; at what volume?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

i was about to tell you what to do till i read your last sentence...i hope you get banned

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Before they went did you like the sound? If you replace you will only get slightly better. I sub will make a bigger difference. If space is a concern go with a stealthbox.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28 vert

I was readin this thread and i find it retarded that u people get so pissed off about the last scentence he wrote. He was just gettin his point across it made sense what he was tryin to say when i read it. Damn, y do people get so offended?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by rsg98Z28 View Post
    I was readin this thread and i find it retarded that u people get so pissed off about the last scentence he wrote. He was just gettin his point across it made sense what he was tryin to say when i read it. Damn, y do people get so offended?
    Because its a sterotype/racial slur and it doesnt need to be posted here in the tech section.

Im not black but i know some that are that might take offense. Im not pissed off btw.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Because its a sterotype/racial slur and it doesnt need to be posted here in the tech section.

Im not black but i know some that are that might take offense. Im not pissed off btw.
    A word is just a word, it only has the power and meaning you want to give it.

But, until society as a whole excepts that fact, people will still get offended.

So until that time, just out of respect for others you shouldn't use those type of word/s,IMO.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Great post blue, but im afraid we scared the guy away.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tomz28 View Post
    What do you think I should do? I have the monsoon system and the subs in the center went bad. I'm wondering if you think I should replace those or go with a seperate sub. I want that pounding bass that sounds like a kick drum, nice and clean not n**ger bass.
    Post Reported.

1968 Cutlass 350 auto red
    2000 z-28 6 spd. White

Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    A word is just a word, it only has the power and meaning you want to give it.

But, until society as a whole excepts that fact, people will still get offended.

So until that time, just out of respect for others you shouldn't use those type of word/s,IMO.
    I completely agree. People just are too ignorant to understand that that word wasn't even derogatory. It just was what the black people were called until they said that they thought that would be wrong. If you are mexican would you prefer to be called brown or spanish? I would prefer spanish and that is similar to the difference between black and the other word so if I were black, I would prefer the other word.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Damn this thread is hot, I'm sure he didn't mean it that way guys, cut him some slack.

You guys who reported it, you're overreacting, you asked him to edit the post and he did so without question. What more do you want? Save the reports for more serious violations. The more of a big deal people make about the use of this world, the greater its impact. Lets try to be mature about this, and not go tattling to the moderators like a bunch of kindergardners.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Damn this thread is hot, I'm sure he didn't mean it that way guys, cut him some slack.

You guys who reported it, you're overreacting, you asked him to edit the post and he did so without question. What more do you want? Save the reports for more serious violations. The more of a big deal people make about the use of this world, the greater its impact. Lets try to be mature about this, and not go tattling to the moderators like a bunch of kindergardners.
    This is America. All you do is have to whine and complain to get what you want. Forget about the constitution.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post

ed changed his post... i know he probably didnt mean it like that but out of respect that crap doesnt need to go on.

omg wow you do know how common that phrase is right guys time to let go of mommy's hand and toughen up a little

and to the op I would at least get 1 10 in a stealth box the 10 has more cone area and more motor force plus there are much more to choose from

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Bass response

Hey

If you are looking for tight bass a 10" sub in a sealed enclosure will give you that sound but you will need more power to drive it. If you put it in a ported box well you will need a lot less power but it will be louder and not as tight as ported. The 12" is great but not as quick on the kick drum as a 10"

Suprisingly enough 4 subs 8" is the way to go if you want accuracy but it will not have extremely deep bass like a 12" sub. There is no replacement for cone surface.

8's can get just as low as 18's it's all in the enclosure
    if done right a ported box has the same power handling as a sealed box 12's are just as fast as 10's and all size subs are accurate

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

8" can go as low as a 12" but the box will be the size of the car. I use to be a designer for audio and custom boxes. You need an amp with a dampening factor of a 1000 or more for a 12" to be as quick as an 8" and I don't think that they make one yet. It's been a while for me though but good luck and have fun,.,,

no you don't the subs are built alot better than they use to be my 15's in my blazer in a 7ft box are just as fast as the 10's in my room and if you put a 8 in the wrong size box like that the power handling will go way down and is not really suitable for a car tune a ported box in the right size at 32hz and tell me it doesn't get low the only difference in the sizes is most manufacturers as size goes up the fs goes down with it but there are 8's with the same fs and will get as low just not as loud because the cone area is so small compared to the 12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information