Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

sub enclosure space?

alright so i just bought a custom box for my firebird its for two 12's and each individual chamber is 1.5cu.in.. and on the way i have two of the infinity perfect subs. now on the specs for that particular subwoofer it says 1.0cu.in. im guessing that for best sound quality. now my question is since my box chamber is more then the sub requirement does it mean its going to make the sub sound better, worse, or not really matter. also i am pairing these up with a kenwood KAC7202 it puts out 230watts RMS at 4ohms and the subs well for one can handle up to 400watts RMS. now i know you dont want to push that much to your sub constantly but is my amp still going to push them pretty well and give me some thump. also if anyone has these subs tell me how you like them mine are gonna take bout another 5days to ship. thanks

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

230W RMS to a pair of subwoofers is pretty whimpy.Thats only 115W for each sub. I'm running 300W to each of mine.

As for the enclosre volume the extra space may get you a few more hertz deeper than 1 cubic foot. You can experiment by placing styrofoam or wood blocks inside the enclosure to reduce it's internal volume to see what kind of an effect it has. If you decide to leave them inside the enclosure be sure to anchor them so that they aren't free to bounce around inside the box.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

alright sounds good...well mostly when i say that its gonna run 230w i mean per sub. the amp is a 920w peak power amp for one channel at 2ohms its 380w RMS per channel at 2 ohms or 230w RMS per channel at 4 ohms. so it was my fault not putting the per channel part in there. but anyways so 230 per channel should be to bad i guess. but thanks for the advice ill have to try that out.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Try them out and if you like more sound quality you could add something in there to take up some space. Those subs can handle some power, so be sure not to turn the gains way up on your amp to get the most power out if it or you could get clipping and fry your subs.

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

alright ill make sure to do that. have you actualy heard these subs before , and if so what other subs might you compare them to i know the kicker VR subs arent bad but in my opinion they are over priced for the quality well most of kicker is.im not bashing kicker its good stuff just a little high priced.anyways any info helps thanks man

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

They are really good sounding subs. When the box c.f is right and sealed they are a good sound quality sub. It is hard to compare..I have heard 1 single perfect 10 in a stealtbox and it sounded great, but never heard 2 12's in a F Body..The bigger the box is, might make the subs not sound as tight in the response, but is easy to fix with some type of filler in the box. Is all about how you want them to sound. I really like accurate bass and I am more into sound quality than boom. One of the good things about the F Body is almost any sub can sound very good in out cars, if setup right. At this time I am running some starting out PR model Memphis Audio 10's and in the sealed enclosure they sound really good running off a old mtx 2150x 425watts rms(4ohm) amp. I'm really happy with the sound, but the subs are 200 watts rms each. I noticed changing from the JL audio 10w0's and going to the Memphis audio 10's, the memphis 10's like much more power and are not as efficient, but bass is better.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 03-06-2006 at 04:20 PM.

Red
    1998 Camaro z28 Convertib

Are the Infinity's better than say an alpine type-r 12" ?? Are they good subs as well? im clueless...

Thread Information