Red
    97 Z28

Sub & Amp for stealth box

Got my stealth box today and now I need a sub and amp for it. The budget was 300.00(I know,I'm not trying to win a contest ) and the box cost me 130.00 Now I have 170.00 left. I don't need the next town over to hear me,but i would like something that would turn a head or two (if possible).I've seen som Alpine and phoenix gold amps for around 100.00 dollars on ebay and some Kicker comp/compvr and Alpine type-s for about the same price which would be in the budget.Any other recommendations?Thanks
    Last edited by Red97LT1; 04-03-2007 at 06:48 PM.

Monterey Maroon Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

what is the mounting depth of your stealth box? Most i have seen have a 9 inch mounting depth if this is the case then you can run a Alpine type R

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+-TYPE+R-.html

109.99 for the sub

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

FWIW, Elemental Designs' subs work well in stealth boxes due to low sealed box requirements.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Selling my Fosgate Amp & Eclipse competition sub I had in my stealthbox (They turned some heads). Only reason they're not stayin is cause I'm gonna head to the track... PM me.

Red
    97 Z28

Been looking at Fosgate P2 4ohm DVC and pair it with an Infinity 311a amp?

Red
    97 Z28

Hey,
    Is there really alot of difference between a class d and a/b amp?

Monterey Maroon Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Straight from Wikipedia

Class A
    Where efficiency is not a consideration, most small signal linear amplifiers are designed as Class A, which means that the output devices are always in the conduction region. Class A amplifiers are typically more linear and less complex than other types, but are very inefficient. This type of amplifier is most commonly used in small-signal stages or for low-power applications (such as driving headphones).
    Class B
    In Class B, there are two output devices (or sets of output devices), each of which conducts alternately for exactly 180 deg (or half cycle) of the input signal.
    Class AB
    Class AB amplifiers are a compromise between Class A and B, which improves small signal output linearity; conduction angles vary from 180 degrees upwards, selected by the amplifier designer. Usually found in low frequency amplifiers (such as audio and hi-fi) owing to their relatively high efficiency, or other designs where both linearity and efficiency are important (cell phones, cell towers, TV transmitters).
    Class C
    Popular for high power RF amplifiers, Class C is defined by conduction for less than 180° of the input signal. Linearity is not good, but this is of no significance for single frequency power amplifiers. The signal is restored to near sinusoidal shape by a tuned circuit, and efficiency is much higher than A, AB, or B classes of amplification.
    Class D
    Class D amplifiers use switching to achieve a very high power efficiency (more than 90% in modern designs). By allowing each output device to be either fully on or off, losses are minimized. A simple approach such as pulse-width modulation is sometimes still used; however, high-performance switching amplifiers use digital techniques, such as sigma-delta modulation, to achieve superior performance. Formerly used only for subwoofers due to their limited bandwidth and relatively high distortion, the evolution of semiconductor devices has made possible the development of high fidelity, full audio range Class D amplifiers, with S/N and distortion levels similar to their linear counterparts.

Thread Information