Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Stealth enclosures

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any one knew if the stealth enclosures you get from sites like subthump.com have terminal cups to hook up the subs to. I have seen one site that does (hifisoundconnection.com). Also if anyone knows if this is a good idea to get the one with the terminal cup. Thanks!!!!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

yes they do. About 4 years ago, i swapped out my 2x10's and tossed the subthumb enclosure in there just to see how it would sound/work and it was easy as hell with the terminals supplied.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I got the stealth box for the rear driver's side of my car, where the stock CD changer would go.

Installation was extremely easy. It has the terminals built into the back as well, and it fit perfectly in the spot that its designed for.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I got the stealth box for the rear driver's side of my car, where the stock CD changer would go.

Installation was extremely easy. It has the terminals built into the back as well, and it fit perfectly in the spot that its designed for.
    Did you bolt it in?

I bought one of these awhile back with a Kicker 10", and I'm going to install it when I'm done with my brakes.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSport346 View Post
    Did you bolt it in?

I bought one of these awhile back with a Kicker 10", and I'm going to install it when I'm done with my brakes.
    Nope, just slides into place, no fasteners required. Stays in place perfectly.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

My only concern with thw stealth enclosures is the air space- .60 cu ft. It's been a while since I built a box, so I have a couple of questions for you guys: Most of the 10's I've built for in the past took at least 1 cu ft in a sealed box- how's the lower frequency range? Where do they typically roll off (bottom out hz)? What subs are you running?

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bberretta View Post
    My only concern with thw stealth enclosures is the air space- .60 cu ft. It's been a while since I built a box, so I have a couple of questions for you guys: Most of the 10's I've built for in the past took at least 1 cu ft in a sealed box- how's the lower frequency range? Where do they typically roll off (bottom out hz)? What subs are you running?
    I'm running a 10" Infiniti in my enclosure.

Honestly, the bass is great. No matter what music I have on, it always hits the lower frequencies no problem. Its very impressive for a 10", partly because our cars are open between the hatch and passenger area, unlike your average coupe/sedan which has the trunk and passenger compartment completely separated.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be placing my order soon and hopefully Ill be able to post some pics when I'm done!!!

Bright Silver
    2002 SS

Anyone know if they are still in business? I tried calling the number from the website and it's "No longer in service" I was trying to order the amp rack and boxes from them....sent an email last week as well...no response.

you could make your own very easily,
    and even faster if you have a staple gun or brad nailer

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    you could make your own very easily,
    and even faster if you have a staple gun or brad nailer
    Stealth box would be hard to build on your own. Regular boxes take up too much room.

no it's not I have done it, then again I have been doing audio for 7-10 years
    you just build it out of cardboard then transfer to wood. you can get away with .5" birch instead of mdf as well saves on weight, gives more internal space and is just as strong as .75mdf I would double the front if you use .5 though so it has more room for screws to bite

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Stealth box would be hard to build on your own. Regular boxes take up too much room.
    As long as you can work with wood, all you need would be measurements...

If you would like, I can take pictures and measurements of mine before I get it installed.

Thread Information