n/a
    n/a

speakers and antenna question please help...

Just bought a formula and had a few questions..The first thing I want to fix is the speakers. It seems they are all blown and I want to replace them without replacing the stock monsoon head unit...I was thinking of doing the infintiy 62.7i's all around but is that capable with keeping the stock head unit? also if it is where can I have it bought and installed? also I have a power antenna that is not going up and down and I would rather just replce it with a screw on kit but is that possible and where could I get it? thank you any input is greatly appreciated guys...

NBM
    98 trans am

uhh the only thing i know...is that you can buy them and get them installed at best buy

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by sickspd View Post
    Just bought a formula and had a few questions..The first thing I want to fix is the speakers. It seems they are all blown and I want to replace them without replacing the stock monsoon head unit...I was thinking of doing the infintiy 62.7i's all around but is that capable with keeping the stock head unit? also if it is where can I have it bought and installed? also I have a power antenna that is not going up and down and I would rather just replce it with a screw on kit but is that possible and where could I get it? thank you any input is greatly appreciated guys...
    the speakers you install have nothing to do with the head unit really. are they component. just get whatever you want in size 6.5.
    i have infinity references, had em in every car ive owned. best bang for the buck to me. you really should get a decent head unit to get those speakers to their fullest potential. install is easy....way easy.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

you can buy the new speakers and since the old ones are blown after you get them out cut the little wire fitting off of the old speaker and splice it to your new one. That way you can just plug-in...make sure you make a very good splice though and make sure it is taped very good or you have it crimped very good...good luk

Red
    '97 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by sickspd View Post
    OK - first off....keep in mind that the rear sail speakers are NOT full range speakers, so if they aren't blown - leave them. If they are blown, replace them with eu700s by Elemental Designs (best option especially for Pontiac systems). A write-up concerning that can be found in the stickys. If you want full range speakers there, you will lose a lot of bottom end bass - so consider a sub then (no head unit necessary also), unless you are happy with very little bass.

No need to replace the HU -- just know that most of the distortion in the Monsoon system comes from the stock HU.

62.7i's will work in the front doors fine -- but you will lose your separate tweeter locations since the Infinity speakers are coaxially mounted components.

---

You can purchase 62.7i's online and have a shop install them -- but any warranty they offer will be void. That is probably cheaper though than buying from a shop as well...unless something goes wrong in the long run. I do not know what physical stores specifically sell them though -- check out SonicElectronix.com for good prices. Your best bet is to find a friend that is willing to help you through the install, or attempt it yourself -- we are here to walk you through it.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I wouldn't trust the idiots at Best Buy to come anywhere close to my car!

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I wouldn't trust the idiots at Best Buy to come anywhere close to my car!
    oh my god!!!!!^

AMEN +100000!!!!^^^^

SamD_Ind

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I replaced my stock antenna with a hidden powered one. It works well, but you need a adapter to plug it into your stock antenna wire. Got the parts ar Circuit city & Best Buy

Thread Information