Thread: speakers??

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

speakers??

I have the monsoon stereo system in my t/a. Im trying to figure out what size speakers are in the car. I know the ones next to the back seats are 6 1/2. are the front doors the same? and what are the ones in the very back of the car? i can seem to figure that out. I also thought i heard that the monsoon has ten speakers in total? if i counted right i can only make out 8. 2 in the front door, the 2 1" tweeters in the front door, the 2 in the back seats and the two in the very back. am i missing something??

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02TransSD View Post
    I have the monsoon stereo system in my t/a. Im trying to figure out what size speakers are in the car. I know the ones next to the back seats are 6 1/2. are the front doors the same? and what are the ones in the very back of the car? i can seem to figure that out. I also thought i heard that the monsoon has ten speakers in total? if i counted right i can only make out 8. 2 in the front door, the 2 1" tweeters in the front door, the 2 in the back seats and the two in the very back. am i missing something??
    the system has 10 speakers. 2 6.5inch speakers in front, 2 tweeters in front, 2 6.5inch speakers on the sides, 2 4inch speakers in the back, and 2 tweeters in the back. if you take the cover of the back speakers you can see there are two

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

thank you. i appreciate that. now i can get my speakers fixed

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Make sure you get speakers that accept the right ohms. The ones in the front are like 2 or 4 ohms. (probably 2 ohm since it's a weird number) I'm not entirely certain as I have only seen them once about 8 months ago and can't remember.

If you don't have the correct ohm speaker then you will not get the same clarity and volume level.

Heinz

Pewter
    2001 TA WS6

I ran into a problem getting speakers. I got some sweet ass infiniti's for the whole car, minus the rear by the hatch ( i don't sit in the cargo area) and the installer dudes said i had to get an aftermarket head unit if i wanted to put speakers where the rear seats are. I love the look and vibe of the factory unit so decided against it. If you don't get the speakers with the right ohms (1 ohm for the rears for sure, fronts???) then you wont hear a damned thing above a whisper in the back. Good luck with that, it turned out to be much more difficult than i thought it would be.

2000 Trans Am

are the front door speakers hard to replace?

Navy Blue Met
    2002 TA WS6

My rear passenger side speaker blew yesterday I'm thinking that if one speaker blew, I might as well go all out and replace at least the 4 front and 2 side speakers (I'm not foolin with the 4 rear hatch speakers). So now I'm on the hunt for speakers - Im considering infinity and polk audio. I know the size of each one, but I'm clueless on the ohms. Can anyone help? I actually like tearing things apart and trying to put them back together so I'm thinking of replacing the speakers myself. Any tips from you who have already done this?

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Infinitys are clear and cheaper than polk plus if an infinity breaks they have better customer service then polk i have the front and rear infinity kappas and couldnt be happier
    2006 IBM GTO A4
    20% sides/rear 35% Windshield,SAP Repos,Ruff 278s Staggered 18s,LT's,Catless mids,Spintech Mufflers/X pipe,Torquer v.2,Vig3200 Stall,HPTuned,AEM CAI,SLP Thermostat,IAT relocate,BMR Drag bags, P4000DVD HU.

2000 TA WS6 NBM A4 Full Bolt-Ons-Gone

Navy Blue Met
    2002 TA WS6

Thanks, I was leaning towards infinity.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Not to threadjack, but how do the infinitys sound with an otherwise stock stereo?

I'm thinking of replacing some of my speakers too, but I don't want to touch anything else.

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

infinitys are really good sounding speakers..ive used them in other cars before..really clean sound..worth getting them

I too recommend infinitys. I got references in front and back and couldn't be happier. I had polk speakers but switched them out for infinitys instead.

Heinz

Pewter
    2001 TA WS6

Yeah, i got references for the back, but stock head unit as stated above so i couldn't use them. I got the sweetest infinity's they had for the front and they sound very nice. Installation of front door speakers includes: taking off door panel and unbolting the speakers. I didn't do the tweeter installation so i don't know the difficulty of that but speakers in general in the car are very easy to mess with.

RED
    1999 Camaro SS

replacing speakers

As I get ready to get new speakers; 1999 SS, the radio/cd player has 'Monsoon' on it. Far Rear speakers are 4" and 4 ohm ......I've seen posts saying these (all) should be '2 ohm' speakers. What gives?? THese 2 (far rear speakers) are original to the car, rivets , etc.

Thanks. greg

THis site is great!!!! I've gotten THOUSANDS of $$$ worth of info here!! well maybe hundreds

Thread Information