Thread: speaker choices

blue
    2002 Z-28

speaker choices

I need to replace the speakers in my 02 Z, have the factory monsoon stereo, want to keep it, any suggestions on brand, what sounds good with the factory head unit / amp.???

White
    2001 Camaro SS

I recently put in a 10 inch JL W3 sub with the stealth box, it awsome, the best in the market in my opinion, doesnt even take space!

blue
    2002 Z-28

6 1/2" subs?

Does anyone know where I can get replacement 6 1/2" subs for the sail panels in my 02 Z??? I have found component sets, but I don't want or need the cross overs or the tweeters. The subs are blown, and I would like to get better quality units. I have the 12 disc changer, so a remote sub is not an option, plus I want to keep the car as original as possible... Does GM still offer replacements?

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

not to be an ass, but if you scroll down this thread you'll find a lot of info on what you're asking.

Black
    2002 firebird

get a jl amp mono block.... and the stealth box... change the speaker to a w6 and it will sound great.... I also added a factory 10 disc changer that works great with monsoon...

Navy Blue Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

In my '02 Hawk I put Sound Stream S.P.L. 6.5 subs their awsome, they have a quality of instead of having a 4 ohm. rating, the S.P.L.'s have "2 ohms.". That drops the impedence of your amp/head-unit resulting in better/louder sound, they're also VERY clear! Some don't like Sound Stream. But it's 'tride and trued' w/me!!! Every S.S. add is "all of the TRUE", you gotta have/hear it to believe their claims, as they are TRUE!! Enough of that, Kicker also makes a 6.5 sub.

Navy Blue Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

in my "above re-ply" I meant "ad" not "add". I have also installed some "Memphis speakers" in a 'friend's truck'. They really impressted me, the 2-ways sount as if they were "close" to "componets", as I have always preferred.

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

You cant go wrong with any of these brands: Mb Quart, Infinity, Polk Audio. They make some nice sound quality speakers.

Red
    2000 Z28 M6

I'm looking to get the infinity Kappa 62.7i speakers as replacements for my blown door speakers and from what I've read here and in some other places they seem to be a safe choice.

My question is...I've seen them priced from $79 to $149. Anyone have an idea why there would be such a price difference? I've also seen tons on e-bay, most priced around $95 a pair including shipping, but I'm a little suspicious about where these might be coming from. I'd rather find them somewhere local and have them installed just in case I have any problems, but no one around here carries them.

So...anyone have any experience purchasing speakers online for half the list price?

Thanks

Since you're going to keep the stock Monsoon Radio then i recommend a speaker with low rms power, possable matching the radio/amp watts.

Thread Information