White
    2001 Z28

Sirius radio install, where did you put it?

Hi, I bought a SP4-TK1 Sportster 4 Radio for my '01 Z28.

Does anyone have this unit installed in their car? I’ve had a real problem finding someplace to put the receiver. I’ve already broken one air vent on the center console with it. Suggestions?

I've got the antenna just sitting inside on the back of my trunk area, no issue there.

Willdog

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

drill a hole in the bottom of your center console to run the wires and put the mounting bracket and everything right in there.. That is where I have my reciever at. I didnt wanna mutilate my car by drilling anywhere else. It is nicely concealed and if you wanna change the station you can just pop open the console at a light and use the presets..

White
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    drill a hole in the bottom of your center console to run the wires and put the mounting bracket and everything right in there.. That is where I have my reciever at. I didnt wanna mutilate my car by drilling anywhere else. It is nicely concealed and if you wanna change the station you can just pop open the console at a light and use the presets..
    Yes, but I really like using the remote control. Installing it in the center glove box would negate that function.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I still use my remote from time to time just so I dont have to reach into the center console, I just keep it in my cup holder but you are right you would not need it. However the only way you would need it on these cars is if you mounted it on your dash somewhere out of reach. You could however also use double sided tape and have the bracket mounted on your windshield but that would be much harder to hide the wiring.I am just trying to gue suggestion for places thatit could be easily removed if need be..

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Thewilldog View Post
    Hi, I bought a SP4-TK1 Sportster 4 Radio for my '01 Z28.

Does anyone have this unit installed in their car? I’ve had a real problem finding someplace to put the receiver. I’ve already broken one air vent on the center console with it. Suggestions?

I've got the antenna just sitting inside on the back of my trunk area, no issue there.

Willdog
    Circuit City makes a universal bracket that will place the reciever just right of your radio and use factory radio bolts to hold it so no drilling and the wires run right behind front facing so no drilling for the wires either. Believe the bracket is like 31.00 dollars. Heres the link
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Metra...oductDetail.do

Thread Information