Thread: Sirius question

Question Sirius question

Hey there I want to add Sirius to my TA but I don't wont to change out the radio, have the monsoon system and really trying to leave the car OEM much as I can, was wondering if anyone knows about the Plug and play units that Sirius has what one is really the best I see they have different models out there and want to have the best one they have out thanks for your help in advance

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

I dont know about Sirius, but I routed my XM with a hard wired FM modulator to the center console box. Very stealth with the factory radio.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I actually just installed sirius into my ta today myself. I am with you with keeping the car as oem as possible. I bought the stratus plug and play system. I didnt want to tap into any wires so all i did was use the cig lighter for the power and ran the antennas. Only down fall with using sirius over the fm transmitter is that you do get some static as where in my other car its done through the aux and its crystal clear. The end result ended up being really clean looking. I will take a picture for you tomorrow so you can see what I did.

Hey there I was told to buy a Real FM transmitter if you use the one in the unit you will have static I thought they were just trying to make the bill a little higher LOL it was another 30 plus 15 to install that as well

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TA421 View Post
    Hey there I was told to buy a Real FM transmitter if you use the one in the unit you will have static I thought they were just trying to make the bill a little higher LOL it was another 30 plus 15 to install that as well
    would you pm me and give me some more details on the fm transmitter that you bought.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

So I did a little more research. From what I read the best way to get a lot clearer sound using these plug and play Sirius receivers is buying the Sirius FM Direct Adapter. What it does it plugs directly into the factory antenna spot and the antenna from your car plugs in to an adapter box. From the reviews it seems worth a shot, because after driving around today my sirius reception is horrible with the supplied cable.

yea maybe that was it sellsfor about 30 ?

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TA421 View Post
    yea maybe that was it sellsfor about 30 ?
    Yeah it might be.
    But heres a picture of how I have my plug and play stratus hooked up in my car.

looks good i was looking at the sportster 5

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have the sportster replay or whatever it's called where you can rewind like 40 minutes. Pretty cool feature to have. The quality with the modulator leaves something to be desired but the radio station you choose to modulate on is very very important. It took me a while to find some really good ones. With that said, if you can find a way to improve sound quality do it. I've never used the direct tap but I don't even listen to mine that often.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I have the sportster replay or whatever it's called where you can rewind like 40 minutes. Pretty cool feature to have. The quality with the modulator leaves something to be desired but the radio station you choose to modulate on is very very important. It took me a while to find some really good ones. With that said, if you can find a way to improve sound quality do it. I've never used the direct tap but I don't even listen to mine that often.
    Yeah if you have the option to do the direct plug in through the aux input, the sound quality is unbelievable. The only reason I went with the stratus is because It is going to be another add on to my original subscription and there was an offer that I got it for free. So I figured it wouldn't be a bad option in a car that I only drive a few months a year.

Thread Information