Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Replacement Radio for 1995 Trans Am

My 95 Trans Am has the stock standard AM/FM/single CD player unit and speakers. What would folks recommend as a replacement that offers an iPod interface, plus AM/FM/CD? One that would also be satellite radio would be a plus.

The goal here is a modernization of the head unit and have it look 'stock' in the dash as I do take the bird to shows.

Thanks,

That's a tall order it's gonna be real hard to find something that looks stock but has those requirements. I will tell you what I have though. I have a Kenwood KDC-HD942U. It plays cds, has Ipod interface, and is satellite ready. The down side to it is it glows blue, so it doesn't match the red lights. However the new Kenwood X994 has all of the feature mine has with a better EQ and crossover, with user changeable colors. It does have the red so it will match dash.

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by 97bluebird View Post
    That's a tall order it's gonna be real hard to find something that looks stock but has those requirements. I will tell you what I have though. I have a Kenwood KDC-HD942U. It plays cds, has Ipod interface, and is satellite ready. The down side to it is it glows blue, so it doesn't match the red lights. However the new Kenwood X994 has all of the feature mine has with a better EQ and crossover, with user changeable colors. It does have the red so it will match dash.
    OMG, This is just what I was looking for! Thank you.

NBM
    1998 Z28

I installed the New Sony HD radio with the HUMOUNT mounting system It looks Great has a front USB connection for ipod and a front aux connection.
    But it does not look like it came from 1998. I just could not stand the old radio no more. Is this the way you are looking to go?

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Civic1 View Post
    I installed the New Sony HD radio with the HUMOUNT mounting system It looks Great has a front USB connection for ipod and a front aux connection.
    But it does not look like it came from 1998. I just could not stand the old radio no more. Is this the way you are looking to go?
    Yes, thanks for getting back to me. Will look into this further for later in the year. Right now have a little rust problem around the gas cap door to take care of ($ 500). So radio moves down one step.

However, found I can burn my iPod tunes to a CD. For now, can listen to music instead of 10 minutes of talk between songs.

Keep the ideas coming folks!

NBM
    1998 Z28

You are Very Welcome

Thread Information