Thread: Replacement...

1998 Firebird Formula

Replacement...

Since they no longer make the eu700 what would be a sutable replacement for it, something with good bass.

white
    1998 Trans Am

just googled that.. JL audio and kicker both make 6 1/2 inch subs.. both are great name brands and would be good stuff.. i have read on here that people also go with bazooka subs.. i cant think of the link right off hand.. just look through some past posts.. im sure you will come across it... other than that, thats all i can offer.. i replaced every speaker in mine and put mids and highs and 2 kicker 12 inch cvr..

1998 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    just googled that.. JL audio and kicker both make 6 1/2 inch subs.. both are great name brands and would be good stuff.. i have read on here that people also go with bazooka subs.. i cant think of the link right off hand.. just look through some past posts.. im sure you will come across it... other than that, thats all i can offer.. i replaced every speaker in mine and put mids and highs and 2 kicker 12 inch cvr..
    yea I've done the same thing and got rid of the stock system, put infititys in the doors and back with 2 800W amps powering them. But i want something with more bass in the back, but also don't want to get any subs because they take up to much space and the ones that hide away are to expensive for my taste.

1998 Firebird Formula

Oh and another thing, should i go with a subwoofer or the whole component system like i've got now? What is the differnce between the two?

1998 Firebird Formula

Come on people some help is needed!!!

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

I just bought these replacements. $12 bucks a pop ..I'll let you know how they sound. Got good reviews on Amazon.

"Pyle PLG64 6.5 inch"

1998 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1_385hp_T/A View Post
    I just bought these replacements. $12 bucks a pop ..I'll let you know how they sound. Got good reviews on Amazon.

"Pyle PLG64 6.5 inch"

Click for full size
    Yea please do, no offense or anything but i just a little hesitant because of the low price. Also i've heard that pyle is not the best brand.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Quote Originally Posted by 10erg01 View Post
    Yea please do, no offense or anything but i just a little hesitant because of the low price. Also i've heard that pyle is not the best brand.
    I got them a couple of days ago and installed them. They sound better than stock thats for sure lol ..but they do need a little more power, so I might need to get a little amp for them. I was actually thinking of doing a whole audio set up down the line so I chose to just replace the lil subs that were blown for now. I figured $25 bucks couldnt hurt thats why I chose these cheap ones. For the price theyre good but need more juice from the amp.

For a good set up Pyle isnt what I would pick at all. But for a replacement that Ill need for a few months, theyll get the job done.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

If you look on elemental design's site they still make that sub, it's just called something new now. They sell for just under $70 a sub.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=785

Thread Information