Thread: remote start

pewter
    2000 pontiac trans am ws-

remote start

i have a 2000 ws-6 with a stock alarm, i'm thinking of upgrading to a remote start, what is one of the more better remote starts that wont give out after a few years, i dont want none of that made in china crawp, any ideas please write and no this does not mean im racist.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

only valuable advice I can give is too NOT get a Crimestopper brand..had one on my T/A and it was a piece--that's why it stayed with the car when i traded. Not an install issue, but the system itself sucked--they replaced processor for me once cause first one completely died; but the system never worked well--always started the car fine, but the paging alarm was quircky and unreliable.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Viper IMO

White
    1998 Trans Am

Viper or Clifford are good, same alarm different remote colors. Noth the longest lasting and usually overpriced.

My opinion for long lasting and well built, but not quite as gimmeky Is-Comptstar. Anyone who knows alarm will agree.
    If you want a long lasting alarm that works for 6spd or auto, Compustar alarms will last years and I beat my LCD to death at work and dropping it drunkand it still lasted years. They are some of the best systems I have seen.

Prestige and Code both make a qualitly product for a good price. My code in my trailblazer is almost 3 yrs old and works like new except for the LCD remote, been dropped one too many times.

Autopage makes some nice new alarm/starters.

NBM
    99 TA

I had a clifford, before they were bought by the same company that owns viper...it was crap!!! never worked it was no longer under warranty after it got bought out.
    I replaced it with a autopage alarm/remote start and have not had any problems with it.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by supercampeones4 View Post
    i have a 2000 ws-6 with a stock alarm, i'm thinking of upgrading to a remote start, what is one of the more better remote starts that wont give out after a few years, i dont want none of that made in china crawp, any ideas please write and no this does not mean im racist.
    I'd have to say Viper. I have a ten + year old Viper system on my GM tuner. Never had any trouble with it and my car is 17yrs old.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

I would say Viper is the king of this arena. Pretty much the household name for alarms. I also agree with 02WS6Dream. Don't get Crimestopper. Had one in my Lumina because a "deal" from a place that I got it installed at when I was still "dumb" at car stuff. It was actually almost as much as the Viper system and they really did overcharge me $160 for that. One remote broke, and sometimes the remote is weak and it is hard to unarm at times.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by supercampeones4 View Post
    This is what I have on my T/A, works great.

http://www.cybercitysales.com/produc...25956893M.html

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

i have the prestige one and at first it sucked. it would only turn on and none of the features worked. i took it back to my guy and told him to make it better and he made it so i can open my widows ,open my headlights, turn on the radio alone without turning on the car. it just was better and i got a good deal on it. it also helps if you get a good guy to install it

Thread Information