Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Rear Seat Speakers

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding speakers for my car. I have an '00 WS6 Trans Am with the 10 speaker Monsoon sound system. The speakers that are located in the rear seat area are starting to go bad. I would like to replace only these two speakers but still keep the factory radio. Does anyone know what speakers I can use as replacements and still keep the rest of the sound system factory? Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

do a search. there are tons of threads on this, including a sticky at the top of the stereo section

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

crutchfield.com will tell you exactly what will fit your car.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Just get a decent set of 6x5 subs to replace them. The factory Delco speakers in our cars are not very good quality.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There is a bit of an issue as the stock speakers are dual voice coil. If you pull the speaker you will notice that it has more than two wires attached to it. My understanding is that just dropping a regular speaker in there does not work real well and the sound quality may be compromised. I picked up a stock replacement speaker for about $55.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    There is a bit of an issue as the stock speakers are dual voice coil. If you pull the speaker you will notice that it has more than two wires attached to it. My understanding is that just dropping a regular speaker in there does not work real well and the sound quality may be compromised. I picked up a stock replacement speaker for about $55.
    The ones in the doors are the same way. I just rigged up regular Alpine 2-ways, and they sound fine to me.

candy red
    2001 ws6 trans am

my sound like shit to i got ur radio system like in mine and they got static and rattle sounds like shit

Black
    1998 firebird formula ws6

Mine are that same way in my 98 rear seat speakers, i put rockford in it but it doesnt nearly as good as it did with the orgianals.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

check out kee audio. got a set shipped for $80, i have the audiopipes. prob need to email them for availability

heres a thread from tech on them
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/stereo...omparison.html

Black
    '98 WS6 Trans Am

Kicker CVT 6.5" 2-Ohm
    [ame]http://www.amazon.com/KICKER-10CVT65-COMPVT-SUBWOOFER-2-OHM/dp/B0036MQWR4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267564286&sr =1-3[/ame]

...just hook up both (+) wires up to the (+) terminal of the speaker and likewise with the (-).

Mine sound great!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I got a set of 6.5" Bazooka mini-subs from Kee Audio.

Work great...just need to replace the door speakers with something as they are blown too.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by BatCar View Post
    Kicker CVT 6.5" 2-Ohm
    http://www.amazon.com/KICKER-10CVT65...7564286&sr=1-3

...just hook up both (+) wires up to the (+) terminal of the speaker and likewise with the (-).

Mine sound great!
    Don't want to do this. This can damage your amp. Just get the correct speakers for the car. Either the bazookas or the audiopipes work great. My audiopipes hit very hard for a 6.5" woofer. (They aren't listed on the website, but Ian at kee does have them. And they're $30 cheaper) Super easy install. And quick delivery and great customer service. The link I posted earlier goes into a little more detail. I'll post pics of mine later.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

i bridged the channels on the amp and they bump REAL good. but I really want a matching set of 6.75's to go with my fronts so the hatch area is a no go for them. I'm going to have to dump the sail subs and go with a stealth box.... sigh. I actually like my CVT's running bridged on the monsoon amp lol. but I'm sure a 10 in a stealth box will hit harder and i can still get great mid bass from the sails using the component set i'll be putting back there.

If you aren't going to go all out and swap the whole system i'd say go with the 4ohm CVT's and look at wiring diagrams before you start cutting things up. this should help:

that's what I did. I got the 4 ohm CVT's and wired them like this. When you look at your speakers you will see a total of 8 wires. When you look at the diagram you see there are 8 posts but only 4 wires used. Your goal is to take the positive from one channel and the negative of the other so that you get the power from both channels at the same 4ohm load. Trust me... you will enjoy the bump. but you should really use foam core or something between the speaker and the metal of the car.... these will hit SOOO much harder than stock that you will get rattles if you don't put something there. Ask me how i know......

Look around and you can pick up a pair for like 140ish

I should also add.. the factory monsoon DVC subs are 4 ohms.... so this results in no extra load on the amp.... but the kickers certainly do just that.... they kick.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Here are the audio pipes I mentioned.

candy red
    2001 ws6 trans am

those look sweet bro are those in your back seat panels?my front door speakers are good im gonna put mini subs in my back seat panels??

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Yea. I put those in the rear seat area. Clean, good price, and a nice increase in bass.

NBM
    1998 Z28

ED 7Kv.2 dual voice coil and they Rock.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Civic1 View Post
    ED 7Kv.2 dual voice coil and they Rock.
    Just require a more in depth install

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Kicker makes the 6.5 in sub in a 2 ohm and a 4ohm setup in single voice coil and dual voice coil, so therefore itll fit in your t/a with no issue on the amp. They handle 150 rms (which is more than most small subs) and sound amazing for what they are. I picked both of mine up on fleabay for $109 shipped.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Kicker makes the 6.5 in sub in a 2 ohm and a 4ohm setup in single voice coil and dual voice coil, so therefore itll fit in your t/a with no issue on the amp. They handle 150 rms (which is more than most small subs) and sound amazing for what they are. I picked both of mine up on fleabay for $109 shipped.
    AFAIK they only make 2 and 4 ohm variants. All of the 6.5 Kicker CVT's are single voice coil. If you know a DVC 4ohm variant then by all means correct me but I couldn't find any evidence either from kicker or from any vendors on the net.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information