navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Random questions about Remote Start

Has anyone here ever installed an aftermarket remote start keyless entry system on their Camaros or Firebirds with a manual transmission?

This thought crossed my mind this morning when I went outside in the freezing cold to go to class and thought to myself how nice it would be to have a remote start and warm up the car as I was getting dressed.

Note: I have not looked at any remote start systems yet as I would like to know what all goes into installing one myself. I am not incompetent with electrical work as I am pretty handy with soldering and have a good amount of knowledge of electronics.

I would like to save some money on labor by doing the install myself so if anybody has any input, I would greatly appreciate it. =)

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by SajoR View Post
    Has anyone here ever installed an aftermarket remote start keyless entry system on their Camaros or Firebirds with a manual transmission?

This thought crossed my mind this morning when I went outside in the freezing cold to go to class and thought to myself how nice it would be to have a remote start and warm up the car as I was getting dressed.

Note: I have not looked at any remote start systems yet as I would like to know what all goes into installing one myself. I am not incompetent with electrical work as I am pretty handy with soldering and have a good amount of knowledge of electronics.

I would like to save some money on labor by doing the install myself so if anybody has any input, I would greatly appreciate it. =)
    no one around my area will do it because its too much of a liability i guess my buddy asked numerous people and nobody would touch it

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

well that's just great....I know my brother got his done in Phoenix about a year and a half ago on his Mustang GT for $250 on labor install. His remote start system even controls the windows, it's pretty cool.

I can see where the whole liability issue would be in a manual. I know of a lot of people that love to leave their cars in gear....as for myself, I've always seen that as a no-no simply because of what could happen if you start it up and let off the clutch with it in gear. Never know how far it'll jump forward and hit another car or worse, a person.

I might just go later on today and talk to some of the local self-proclaimed "best car audio and electronics" stores here in Lubbock and see what I get from them.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

well that's just great....I know my brother got his done in Phoenix about a year and a half ago on his Mustang GT for $250 on labor install. His remote start system even controls the windows, it's pretty cool.

I can see where the whole liability issue would be in a manual. I know of a lot of people that love to leave their cars in gear....as for myself, I've always seen that as a no-no simply because of what could happen if you start it up and let off the clutch with it in gear. Never know how far it'll jump forward and hit another car or worse, a person.

I might just go later on today and talk to some of the local self-proclaimed "best car audio and electronics" stores here in Lubbock and see what I get from them.
    Yeah im not too sure about texas laws thats just the way that it is here but im sure you can talk the installer into it for the right price

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Very true, anything can be done with the right price, but that's just the thing I'm trying to avoid haha.

Want to save some money and do the install myself, if possible.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Very true, anything can be done with the right price, but that's just the thing I'm trying to avoid haha.

Want to save some money and do the install myself, if possible.
    if you can get a detailed break down then it will be possible but still a PITA none the less i had one wired into my trail blazer. i watched them put it in and that was more then enough to convence me never to try it myself lol me><wiring

navy blue metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

haha well thanks for the insight either way...I'll ask around and see what I find

Thread Information