Thread: PRS phase 1

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

PRS phase 1

OK so i really like the mounting plates pointed out in my previous thread. the ones made at HUmount.com They really look factory and as part of phase one i've decided I will buy one. I just don't know which design to get. Light up Firehawk yes.... engraved under firehawk? either #0036 or Pontiac... not sure but the pressing matters are of an electrical nature.

What am i getting myself into when adding a HU to the factory system? how can i keep my steering wheel controls? will it wire up and still have sound coming out of all speakers? any tricks I should be aware of?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

ok i answered one of my questions. Peripheral electronics makes a steering wheel control retention kit that is compatible with Pioneer headunits including, it would seem, the one I am interested in.... i just hope I can figure out all the wiring so that all my factory speakers keep working!!!! this is gonna be a fun weekend....

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Any adaptor harness will keep all of your stock speakers working.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

and where would one find such an adaptor harness? I have already hit a snag trying to decide whether the improved sound quality is worth the fuss of getting the DEH-P800PRS over a lower end model that has HD radio capability and built in BT and ipod integration.... the DEH-P800PRS is so SQ focused it lacks all of these features without external modules and simply is not HD ready. Yet would still run me 375 bucks. granted 24 bit Burr-Brown DAC's are supposedly worth it. as is independant 16 band EQ's but how the heck am i ever supposed to tweak all those settings!?!? ugh. at least i know i can get all the harnesses. lol only where do i get one??

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Any stereo shop or someplace like best buy would have them. You could also try pc richards. Whether you should get the high end model is up to you. I have a pioneer with bt and ipod and I am happy with it. It took a little while to get used to the single control knob though. It only has a 3 band eq but it sounds much better and has better adjustablitly than the old alpine I had.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I actually ended up getting the PRS unit. it's pretty bare bones feature wise but seems to have great electronics for if i ever get around to really building it out. I'm bummed now because i lost my bird license plate cover. I had it resting in position to show the car to a friend and drove off forgetting all about it... ugh. i wonder what those go for round here??

Thread Information