Thread: Is it possible?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Is it possible?

I want a different head unit cause mine is startin to skip when i hit bumps and will read er 3 after about an hour of playing, but I have the monsoon system. can I just get a different head unit or does it have to be special?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P. View Post
    I want a different head unit cause mine is startin to skip when i hit bumps and will read er 3 after about an hour of playing, but I have the monsoon system. can I just get a different head unit or does it have to be special?
    Yes you can put in a different head unit - in my 98 I had the monsoon system with a premier pioneer head unit - it sounded great!!

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Just buy any headunit out there you like. A install kit, metra makes a flsuh mount one that looks great. antenna adaptor and standard wire harness. The panel on the dash just pops off, a couple bolts and the stock one is out. You may need to cut the brace behind the stock hu to make a aftermarket one fit and your set. If you have steering wheel controls, then get a PAC swi- depending on brand of stereo, some just plug in and you tap into a +, - and the steering wheel control wire.
    Don't let the car audio shops sell you a bunch of useless crap. We don't have a Bose system in the 98-02's, so no need for special harnesses. I was told I needed a special one..is a load of crap. Also, if replacing speakers, read the sticky on this forum..we don't have normal everyday setups for the speakers like most cars.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Cool, that is just what I wanted to hear thanks guys.

Thread Information