Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Cool Planned Car Stereo Upgrades! *Camaro GT Street*

Ok Just like I promised, I will keep you guys up to date with upgrades. First of all, this is the beginning of what I call the "Camaro GT Street". I am going to add an all Sony system, with Rockford Fosgate accessories. Here is the list:

MEX-BT5700U (available this summer)

CDX-757MX (Taken from my old car, already have)

XS-LD106P5B (available soon)

XM-ZZR3301 (available soon)

XM-ZR704 (available soon)

XS-GTX1620S

XS-GTX1640

XS-W4021

XT-100HD

BitViper Antenna (oooohhhhh)
    PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Controls
    Custom F-Body Sub enclosure
    Custom F-Body Amp Rack

The rest of the things I already have (Pretty much all of the accessories).

RF 1-Farad Capacitor
    RF 4 Gauge dual amp kit
    RF Capacitor wiring kit
    RF 16ft twisted RCA cables
    RF Battery sidepost terminal
    Wiring harness
    Mounting kit
    Antenna adapter

Hopefully I can get everything started by the summer. I might even by a cheaper Sony stereo because I miss my CD changer. I will be posting pics when I get each mod done. BTW if you guys have nice audio setup, or have a question, just post it here.
    Last edited by M-ManLA; 01-24-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to add some stuff
    I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!
    ... and now I need to save up for a new Camaro now

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

stay away from sony.(besides the head unit) its not very good, there is a reason they sell them at walmart. and you definitely dont need all those speakers.

most people that do subs in a camaro dont even do the rear deck speakers.

good that your going with components up front, get some nice polk momos, or kickers.

just do your door panel and sail panel speakers.

heres my setup basically:

Alpine head unit
    2 sets of polk momos for the sails and the doors.
    2 alpine type R 12's
    alpine mono 600w amp for the subs
    1000w 4 channel power acoustic amp for the components

unbelievable sound.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

I am a Sony guy. Everyone that has heard my last Car stereo liked it. It was all Sony with no Subs and no amps, and ppl though I had Subs. Note that the process from a lot of speakers are the same (H.O.P woofers that is uses by half of the speaker manufactures, which is tech by Sony). Your Type-Rs need more energy than the Sony sub will because of the sensitivity ratings, and polk is nothing special. Your 1000w 4ch amp is more like 500w, and your sub is more like 300w, because you are looking at they peak rating instead of the RMS rating (Sony Mono-D amp will double the power when it sees a 2 ohm load), and I HATE KICKERS! They really suck to me. In fact, how many cars do you see with Kickers anymore? I really only see Alpines, Sonys, or Infinitys, with some JL subs in between. Sony has high ratings on items, and won't kill my ears by exaggerating the high frequencies (which I need when I am doing a recording session), but instead providing a warm sound (which us engineers and producers love). I have seen a lot of Sonys in F-bodies, You Tube, and I am an owner of them in my old car. I spent months in configuring this system and it will not change. Remember I am also not getting the cheaper Sony setup either.

White
    2001 Z28

come down.

i have 2 10in kickers in my back with stock head unit and omost pop my window broken when i put them all the way, and i like sony, but the only best thing then kicker is mtx jack hummer. you should know that producer.

White
    2001 Z28

come down there.

I have 2 10in kicker comps in the back of my camaro sound is good but base extraordinary, plus when i put them full blast i almost broke my rear window. Sony is good but no comparable to kicker the only thing better than kicker is some mtx jack hammer.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

May I add this is post is not meant to say something sucks, spend your money on something else, or anything like that. I post what I simply will upgrade in my car. And you do know that the Jackhammer is too big to fit in most cars right? (Its a 22" Sub)

White
    2001 Z28

get some 12in mtx i got 10in k cos i dont want the extra weight, the mtx 12s are almost same price and way better sorry 2 say and they will in the back perfect and like totalkos said they dont sell this ones at wall-mart.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

it looks like you have a good set up going. im a memphis guy my self with a alpine head, and boston amp. post pics after you get it in. id like to see that.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by victor111262 View Post
    get some 12in mtx i got 10in k cos i dont want the extra weight, the mtx 12s are almost same price and way better sorry 2 say and they will in the back perfect and like totalkos said they dont sell this ones at wall-mart.
    What is up with you and Wal-Mart. I don't like Wal-Mart, but they are the biggest retail chain out right now. I do shop there from time to time on different items. If they had an actually plan on how to sell electronics (like Best Buy), then they will sell all the brands. Just because it is at Wal-Mart doesn't mean it sux.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    it looks like you have a good set up going. im a memphis guy my self with a alpine head, and boston amp. post pics after you get it in. id like to see that.
    I will! Thanks. Man Boston amp, I rarely see those. I would like those manufacturers like Boston to branch out a little more in the commercial market. I heard those are good. That Alpine Head isn't too shabby either.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

ya the boston stuff is good the amp i have is a 5-channel 55x4+250x1 at 4oums but i can bump up the amp channel to 400 at two oums

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Hey man you got pics of your system 01 T/A? I would like to see them.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

its what im working on now. im hoping to have it all in here a mouth or so. as sone as i get it in ill take some pics and post them.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Ok just let me know. I can't wait to see it!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Honestly, I have to agree with the fact that most Sony stuff isn't that great. Most, is infact junk to be honest. ESPECIALLY the Xplod stuff.

I'm personally gonna be going with a Fosgate 25 to life 5ch amp, Kee audios CDT package for the F-body, and two 12's. Most likely RE SX's. Not sure about the headunit. Might go with a carputer, or might go with a nice Pioneer or Alpine double din.

Quote Originally Posted by victor111262 View Post
    come down there.

I have 2 10in kicker comps in the back of my camaro sound is good but base extraordinary, plus when i put them full blast i almost broke my rear window. Sony is good but no comparable to kicker the only thing better than kicker is some mtx jack hammer.
    You do realize the MTX Jackhammer is a piece of shit, right? Its just a gimmick.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Not a sony fan at all, but that just my opinion. And it sounds like you know what you want, so have fun and enjoy the biuld process!

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by Blue28 View Post
    Not a sony fan at all, but that just my opinion. And it sounds like you know what you want, so have fun and enjoy the biuld process!
    THANK YOU!!! That is the best thing anyone said in this post in two forums. People get soo much in their brand and everyone should have what you have. One: I'm different from everyone, Two: I am not going to half azz my system. I am still trying to figure out what Dynamat kits to get, but yea I have been researching for a few months now, so I gotta raise some cash and start the system. Thank you for a great post!

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

And yes, just because they do sell it at walmart usually means its probably not very good. Walmart wont buy stuff unless they can get it cheaper than anybody. Companies have to produce products very cheaply to get their stuff in there stores. And it shows alot of times. There are many exceptions, just be careful.

if you stick with sony stuff, get the higher end (like some of your stuff you picked).

just do your research before you make any purchases and see if you can get comparisons on other equipment in the same price range, google is your friend.

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

have you guys heard the boston systems they put in the chryslers and dodges they sound amazing I think. They really hit the highs nice and are just clean and crisp bass. Does boston make speakers for our cars
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

yes they do and boston is good. take a look like some one sead befor at a stereo shop and just fine what fits you. i like memphis stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information