IS THAT YOU IN MY MIRROR itsyasoldier's Avatar

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Pics of my new system

Here are some pics of my system I had put in when I was home on leave from iraq. Its a Clarion flip out touchscreen, infinity perfects, jbl 1200 watt, there is also a jbl 300 watt hidden in the side conpartment. All of the components are infinity also.

txff636
    Nice !!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

ive got pretty much the same setup. except i have an alpine 7" screen, with 2 JL audio monoblock 500/1 amps, 2 half farad caps, and 2 JL audio W7 subs. they sound badass, so im sure that you are very happy with what you got.

Dark Metallic Blue
    1998 Camaro Z-28

Looks good. Never been a big fan of the screens but is definitly a clean install. Bet it sounds sweet.

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by itsyasoldier
    Here are some pics of my system I had put in when I was home on leave from iraq. Its a Clarion flip out touchscreen, infinity perfects, jbl 1200 watt, there is also a jbl 300 watt hidden in the side conpartment. All of the components are infinity also.

looks nice but where do u store your tops when they are off?

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

i just throw mine in the back seat, or just dont take the tops at all.

Red
    1999 Z28

thats why I got the sub thump t-top box. I would definately reccommend it to anyone considering it - it's very light, and hits like hell (I guess good subs do assist)!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I wanted that same setup for the longest time man...only thing I'm worried about is blowing out the glass on the rear hatch w/ to much power! I hate how most sub boxes for our cars face straight up!

Red
    2000 Trans Am A4

looks real nice, how do those subs hit ive never heard infinities subs before?

Red
    1999 Z28

I used to be worried about the glass before too-seeing as I can only imagine the price tag to get a new one and then the price to re-tint it. But, I had my own custom box that sat up on that ledge we have, and the subs just cleared slightly under that glass-and damn did it hit. The bass was so good because it would reflect off the hatch and fire into the cab. To get to the point-I was/am in T-Top box running my 2 Kicker Comp VR 12's and the hatch/glass does flex slightly-but no problems with it breaking.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_132
    I used to be worried about the glass before too-seeing as I can only imagine the price tag to get a new one and then the price to re-tint it. But, I had my own custom box that sat up on that ledge we have, and the subs just cleared slightly under that glass-and damn did it hit. The bass was so good because it would reflect off the hatch and fire into the cab. To get to the point-I was/am in T-Top box running my 2 Kicker Comp VR 12's and the hatch/glass does flex slightly-but no problems with it breaking.
    '

My friend said that his hatch flexed just how you're describing. He said it lead to problems w/ his weather stripping and he had to use alot of "Dynamat" to get out all the rattles in his Fbody... I'm wondering how the big sub boxes are compared to a "Stealth" box?

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Not bad, Im not into systems at all but that looks like a clean setup!

Red
    1999 Z28

I am going on the 4th season with this setup (Come on Summer!!) with no problems at all yet. The rattling has actually been rather faint to. There is obviously some, but not bad really, it would take endless amounts of money and work to shut up any car. Besides, the exhaust I have, and I am sure any decently loud setup for that matter, basically overpowers the slight rattling of the subs. And as I said, the T-Top box is verryy light, so the die-hard performance guys can not have to weigh their cars down much at all.

Red
    1999 Z28

Oh And I forgot, I have had my 2 12's, which are pretty good-hard hitting, and therefore have come to love loud/tight bass. I konw that with the boxes that fill the trunk area and hold 2 10/12's, they are mosy certaintly going to kill a "stealth" say MTX box with a much punier 8/10 in it. You will not get the same bump because air space is essential for bass with each particular setup, and unless you get a super expensive and powerful 10 to go stealth with, again-its not going to be as loud.

Thread Information