Thread: Omigawd!!!

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Omigawd!!!

I know everyone says to ditch 'em, but I replaced the hatch 4 inchers with new Kenwoods and sealed 'em tight with sound deadener. I then put a good two layers around both sail panel subs, up the B-pillar and over the section of the wheel-well behind the plastic sail panel.

HOLY SMOKES! It sounds sooooooo much better! The subs actually sound and hit like... like... SUBS! Such rich, full, bass and with less vibes and rattles from the interior panels.

I'm doing the doors tomorrow after Church and Infinity 62.7i's are getting ordered on Monday.

I'm giddy like a little kid who just found out he's getting a pony or a new bike or something else really really cool.

Mystic Teal Metallic 79U
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I'm glad that worked for you. Really there is no end all be all answer to your car and how you want it to sound. Bottom line is whatever sounds good to you is what counts in the end because YOU have to ride in it and listen to it!! I ditched mine but I have a completely rewired system using aftermarket everything. My car will sound completely different than someone elses too. Just by changing HU's I've noticed significant differences in sound. Keep up the good work and good luck with your system!!

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

How did you seal the 4 inchers. I am not familar with sound deadener. Are you talking about dynamat?

Thread Information