white
    1998 Trans Am

new sound system in TA

well i said i wasnt going to install anymore stereo equipment anymore.. i use to do it all the time back in the day.. but after i bought my pioneer head unit and memphis speakers i asked a price for installing them.. $300! seriously? so it took 6 hours yesterday to put it all in.. mainly because the memphis was not a direct replacement speaker i had to make templets to mount the speakers to.. but all in all, in was a huge success.. and i have to say that this nedw pioneer head unit does a hell of a job on the memphis speakers.. i dont think i need an amp on them...lol.. anyway, nice to have some sound in my car now.. the stock speakers were ripped and torn to hell...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1ws6ben View Post
    well i said i wasnt going to install anymore stereo equipment anymore.. i use to do it all the time back in the day.. but after i bought my pioneer head unit and memphis speakers i asked a price for installing them.. $300! seriously? so it took 6 hours yesterday to put it all in.. mainly because the memphis was not a direct replacement speaker i had to make templets to mount the speakers to.. but all in all, in was a huge success.. and i have to say that this nedw pioneer head unit does a hell of a job on the memphis speakers.. i dont think i need an amp on them...lol.. anyway, nice to have some sound in my car now.. the stock speakers were ripped and torn to hell...
    Pics!!! I need to get a new head unit I hate mine something is wrong with it, that when I am driving it will make the music get quiet, like it is going into protect mode I am about to take the car up to the place I got it done and get them to put a new one in it. I believe it's a kenwood I hate that damn thing can't see the display when the sun is out buttons are so close to the volume dial. But the thing I do like is I have a usb cord that comes out of my dash to hook up my droid or ipod and play songs on it.

white
    1998 Trans Am

I have pics of all the stuff I put in. Its in a previous post in this section. Got a sweet pioneer DEH8300 head unit with memphis pr class 6 1/2 mids for the sail panels and memphis M class with crossover for the doors. They sound sweet running off the head unit. But pics are in a previous post in this section. If you can't find them let me know and I can post them again or email them to you. Got a hell of a deal too. $209 for the head unit on sale, $98 for the rear speakers and $140 for the fronts. This week I hope to have my new pillar gauges installed. Waiting on my oil pressure gauge to come in. Will take before and after pics. Hopefully getting installed wed.

Impounded
    youll love memphis.
    i had them in my bird.. now in the T/A. i catch everyones attention with the ttops out. i get mistaken for subs alot too.
    but im running oversized 6.75s in the front four. deleted the tweeters and the back two hatch speakers. running of a 4x50watt kenwood hu. itll rattle ya.
    im debating on 2 10s Memphis on the shelf

i also hate my HU. its blue so it doesnt match. i want a touch screen double din but dayum...$700 and another $150 for the bezel....
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 02-27-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Pay to play, custom work is always the most expensive.

white
    1998 Trans Am

well the sub box i will pay to have made.. as for hooking it up, i can do all that myself.. its easy.. just time comsuming to do it right and not have wires all over the place..being able to do the installing save ALOT of money.. thats money i can use to put towards my new tires and rims

Thread Information