White
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

Needing a new system for my 98 T/A

I recently started saving up some cash for a system and need to know what are the better options out there for sound quality. I know I need all 6 speakers and tweekers, and as second priority would be an amp and subs in the back, purchased on a later date.
    I'm hoping to spent no more than $600 for speakers.
    Kee audio hasn't responded to two of my phone calls so I'm at a loss.

The music I enjoy is a good edm set (house, trance, dub step) to get an idea of the sound output.

At the same time I'm also wanting a new CD deck face but unsure of what's out there. I've seen a few models with larger screens capable of playing DVDs and such.
    I think it'd be great if I can play music videos along with the music plugged in through my phone if that's a capability. Ideas?

Thanks!!!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I wouldn't waste money on the speakers in the hatch...leave them out....I went with a pioneer double din z130bt with a custom bezel from doubledmods.com....I bought a hatch enclosure and amp mounting rack from kee audio for a 12" jl sub...I'd rewire the car so you don't need to worry about the resistance of the speakers 2 ohm vs 4 ohm....your going to need to run wires for the amps any way....got my amps from amazon much cheaper than local...I would recommend the same on tbe speakers too...I also got the module so all my steering wheel controls still work....plan it out save time and money...

White
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

Can I see a photo of your setup? What sort of enclosure did ya purchase?

So I'm assuming there's no noticeable sounds loss from the hatch..do you just leave them empty then?

See im thinking I reallllly want this setup with 2 10's and an amp.
    Last edited by UC Warrior 1; 07-17-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I've always used the boxes that go in the area where the CD changer is at in the hatch and they work great as long as you set them up the right way...I've used 3 in 3 different Fbody's but dont go cheap on the sub/amp etc and it'll sound great...most people never believed I had one sub in the back. The fact that the car is a hatchback makes it sound louder than it should anyway...It makes storing your t-tops a whole hell of a lot easier with one of these as well...I would use a different sub obviously, but it sounds great.

ThunderForm Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Custom Subwoofer Box w Free 10" MTX Sub | eBay
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 07-17-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I would talk to double d mods. Ive got a kenwood double din unit with the modified bezel from them. But they have all sorts of setups that will work with factory wiring. Plus the sub box for the trunk with subs that will fit. Some are too long for the wheel well boxes.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black

Sorry for the long delay...here are some pics of the double DIN, amps, sub, grounding, power, etc

I couldn't upload the pics....here is Dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bkr2cu73dzoy3y7/pT2xCm9Wl5

They are all mixed together...if you have any questions let me know

Black

I have a kee audio sub box and amp rack...double d din....one JL 500w sub...sounds good....2-10's is gonna knock man

Thread Information