wheee?

Primer is Finer
    1969 Chevy Nova

need some speaker/amp advice

My sail panel speakers blew in my 2001 Z28, and I'm thinking of using up some items that I already have. I did a lot of reading around on this forum and it sounds like JL 6W0's are the ticket for a budget fix to the problem, as I don't want to spend a lot of money for what I already consider to be a good sound system for my purposes.

Now, I could wire up the 6w0's just like how others directly connected Rockford Fosgate punch 4406's in the sail panels... but I looked at what I had in the garage and I have a 2x12" sub box with Pioneer IMPP(?) subs and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 250 A2 amp.

I was thinking, I could probably sell the box and subs to go towards a pair of 6w0's. Plus, since the 6w0's are 4 ohm, I could probably boost their power using the RF Punch 250 A2 amp. Kind of what others had but with 6w0's and the addition of an amp. Does this sound like a good setup?

If I went this route, I'm wondering where I could mount this amp (probably where the spare tire goes or in the opposite cubby hole). The other thing I would need help figuring out is how to wire this up. I was thinking the easiest way would be to take the wires from the HU going into the monsoon amp and split those to go to both the monsoon amp and the RF amp. Then on the outputs of the RF amp, wire those going back to the sail panel speaker wires after disconnecting them from the monsoon amp.

Does this all sound right? Or should I just forget the second amp and just plug the 6w0's straight in?

Thanks guys.

Arctic White
    '07 Trailblazer LT

Sounds like a lot of work for little improvement over what will more or less be a stock system. I think I would just replace the factory subs and be done with it.
    The White Rascal SOLD
    Crank up the drums, crank up the bass,
    Crank up my Les Paul in your face!

Thread Information