JET BLACK
    99 SS

NEED CUSTOM 4 12inch SUB BOX FOR 98 CAMARO SS!!

Where can I buy a 4 12 inch sub box for my 98 camaro ss online at? I can get one built but they want 300 dollars?

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

$300 isn't all that bad for a custom box. Subthump has one for 2 12's, but four would be a tight fit with very little airspace unless you took up the entire hatch with the box or went with an isobaric or bandpass enclosure.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

what kind of enclosure? sealed? what kind of airspace for each sub you lookin for? where do you want the box to fit--any particular requirements with fitment or just as long as 4 subs with appropriate air space and looks like it belongs there? I can build you a box; for far less than $300.

JET BLACK
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    what kind of enclosure? sealed? what kind of airspace for each sub you lookin for? where do you want the box to fit--any particular requirements with fitment or just as long as 4 subs with appropriate air space and looks like it belongs there? I can build you a box; for far less than $300.
    I really dont care how much airspace. I kinda want 4 going straight across behind the back seat. But if you cant, just put 4 anyway possible that looks ok. maybe 2 behind back seat and 2 below in the trunk space. I have 4 12inch pioneer preimer championships series. So how much we talkin? my email is khickenwang@yahoo.com

you need to start caring about airspace, if it's not right it will sound like shit

Bright Red

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    you need to start caring about airspace, if it's not right it will sound like shit
    Exactly- Pioneer calls for .5-1.0 cu ft of airspace for your subs (strange, but thats what their site says.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

Quote Originally Posted by wenn_du_weinst View Post
    he's right. the enclosure is one of the most significant variables in how your subs will sound. looks are important too; i understand that, but the point of having them is to sound great, right?? so that's first priority; in my book.

white

cut your expectations of 4 12s and think either 2 12s or 1 15 if you can do a custom box. I haven't dealt with too much in person but have done a lot of searching over the computer.
    I currently have 2 planet audio 12's off a boss 3500d amp and it sounded pretty good really I was happy with the output and sq. I could be heard from over half a mile away if thats what your looking for. But the subs couldn't take it after 3 months so I need to upgrade but think of the fact that you have a hatchback so almost anything you put back there will be loud. And remember that 1 12 in the right size enclosure will sound better than a 15 in an enclosure that is to small. And with the gain from pointing the subs at the glass and that its a hatchback anything can be made loud. My subs were $70 a piece and I was louder than people that spent 3 times that much just from my install in a prefab box.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

ditto. I had two 12's in the hatch of my ta and can't imagine wanting more. all the bass you could practically use. most important variables--enclosure and sufficient amplifier power. which is my next question; what are you goin to be powering these with?

Bright Red

You can make four fit, but then your just showing off and you'll have to cut the gain down just to hear the mids and highs. I agree, go with two well tuned 12's (or you could go 4 in an iso box). You should have room to build a really nice tuned port box if what you want is a killer sounding system. Otherwise, if all you want is to say "I have 4 12 inch subs," squeeze them in- its all in what you want. I had a 5th order box with two 8" JL Audio subs (two sealed subs firing into a tuned port enclosure- best of both worlds) which won me 2nd place in an IASCA competition years back. It was powered by a single 100w PPI amp- when you wire it right and tune it right and use quality equipment, you can beat the hell out of anyone.

JET BLACK
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    ditto. I had two 12's in the hatch of my ta and can't imagine wanting more. all the bass you could practically use. most important variables--enclosure and sufficient amplifier power. which is my next question; what are you goin to be powering these with?

I have a brutus hifonics 2000 rms watt amp

white

look into 2 fi q or ssd 12s in a ported box or dc lvl 3s. You will be happy with this set up off that power.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

how about something like this?

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

or...

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

^^^^^^^^^^^sweet system^^^^^^^^^^

Thread Information